A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Windows down remote feature?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows down remote feature?

Wondering if there's any way to lower windows using the remote? My 07 Nissan Pathfinder does it, can it be that the 'Truth in Engineering' boyz forgot this one?.....thx......
Old 05-26-2010, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-VAG-COM-codes
Old 05-26-2010, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thx...... so instead of just providing the feature like the SUV that's half the cost and half as 'technically advanced', I'm supposed to hack my way in and make the change myself.......what a no brainer. Audi continues to impress.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Can you roll the windows UP remotely on the Nissan?

No. That is why US Audis have this feature disabled, since they can roll them down AND up (and close the sunroof too). AFAIK the remote feature is default enabled in Europe. US rules dictated it was a hazard for anyone to be able to remotely close the windows lest someone gets caught/hurt (yes, even with pinch protection). It's more to do with US liability laws and has nothing to do with Audi and lack of techno blah blah. Just be happy there is a group of avid enthusiast here who know how to enable these treasured European features. If anything Audi should be given kudos for having the intelligence to recognize this "hazard" and disabling for the sue-happy US. Could they have changed something and made the windows only roll down, I'm sure they could, but that would only lead to complaints of "why can I roll my windows down from the remote but not up?"

FWIW if you have rain sensing wipers you can even enable a lesser known feature that closes the windows when it senses rain. How's that for technically advanced?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gk1
No.
FWIW if you have rain sensing wipers you can even enable a lesser known feature that closes the windows when it senses rain. How's that for technically advanced?
I WANT that feature enabled. How would I go about that??
Old 05-27-2010, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

"How's that for technically advanced?" ....perhaps. But the point is the 'features' should be at my disposal to use or not use from the start. I should NOT have to hack my way into the car to get at them. Would it be a far stretch to presume Audi would void any factory warranty if they confirmed use of VAG-COM, etc, probably not.....my Audi ownership experience has been less than stellar to date, so again, not impressed.....Regards
Old 05-27-2010, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Service Advisor at your friendly Audi Dealer can enable some of these features for you, if you just ask.

Other features/options are locked up (here in US) by Audi Legal and/or Audi's interpretation of US DOT regulations....which I agree can be annoying.

Not a tipping point in the ownership experience for me...but that's just me.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Checked with my dealer service agent who checked with service mgr. They claim they can NOT make the change if it is opposite to what Audi has designated for the US market. And if I where to do it on my own and then problems arise, as expected, the dealer would claim void of warranty and or any needed service would be completely at my cost.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmmm, that stinks - guess I've been more fortunate w/my 3 Audis (across 2 dealers) than I appreciated.

I did run into a wall when trying to get my DRLs set to ROW (eg staying on when headlights are on) but that was because it was a setting that wouldn't stick btwn system updates.

Maybe try another dealer?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have taken mine to an independant. They changed anything I asked.

Quick Reply: Windows down remote feature?