A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2012-2013 3.0T A6/A7 performance software now available from STaSIS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012-2013 3.0T A6/A7 performance software now available from STaSIS!

SRG is pleased to announce the release of our 2012-2013 Signature Series performance software upgrade for Audi A6/A7 3.0T vehicles.

Please Click on the link below for further product details & information on how to purchase
http://eepurl.com/wwxRb
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just courious at how you guys get your HP/TQ (at crank) numbers..? I was under the assumtion that the supercharged 3.0's Hp/TQ numbers (280/310/333 Hp) are underrated from the factory.. hence the vehicles they are put in achieving higher performance numbers across the board than other vehicles with the same weight(if not less)and higher (crank/factory)output. That being said.. wouldn't that make your claimed gained over stock (crank) figures be less?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A u d i A5
Just courious at how you guys get your HP/TQ (at crank) numbers..? I was under the assumtion that the supercharged 3.0's Hp/TQ numbers (280/310/333 Hp) are underrated from the factory.. hence the vehicles they are put in achieving higher performance numbers across the board than other vehicles with the same weight(if not less)and higher (crank/factory)output. That being said.. wouldn't that make your claimed gained over stock (crank) figures be less?
I would like to see real world dyno number, at the wheels, before and after.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does the performance software void Audi's warrantee? How does it effect the M.P.G.
Thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by A u d i A5
Originally Posted by Boostedws6
I would like to see real world dyno number, at the wheels, before and after.
You both have great questions, thank you for your inquiries.

Specifically for Dynometer testing STāSIS conducts testing with an all-wheel dynamometer produced by Dynapack. The Dynapack system has proven to be highly repeatable. One reason for this is because it measures power at the vehicles hub and not at the tire as do roller based dynamometers. The friction from the tire to roller interface causes a power loss which can be non-linear with respect to wheel speed. It is difficult to accurately account for these loses, especially because they are affected by the tires internal pressure as well as any loading forces applied by strapping the vehicle down for testing. Both of these variables are eliminated with hub based systems.
Airflow is crucial for a vehicles performance regardless of its use. During dynamometer testing, air handling is critical for accuracy and repeatability because the vehicle is stationary. When traveling on the road, the air intake tract receives a large volume of air. Another point commonly overlooked is the air traveling through the radiators and around the engine. If this airflow cannot be provided during testing, engine components can saturate with heat not indicative of actual operation and skew results.
STaSIS utilizes a high flow, temperature monitored fan system capable of matching the actual airflow the vehicle needs.
It is important to realize that just like an automobile a dynamometer is a dynamic system. The behavior of the system is affected by its surroundings and operation. To achieve repeatable results, STāSIS performs several test runs to warm the dynamometer components to their steady state operating temperature. Once the dynamometer is prepared and atmosheric conditions are adequate, several sessions of a given test configurations are logged for data reduction.
After dynamometer testing is complete the data must be processed in order to validate results. First the average of multiple runs of a stock configuration is taken. Then this data is corrected to match the factory published crankshaft power data. Next the average of multiple runs of the modified configuration is taken and the same correction is applied. This yields a data plot showing the STāSIS modified power versus the stock power as seen at the crankshaft. Corrections are calculated for every vehicle tested as it is not accurate to assume a set percentage for parasitic losses. Losses are non-linear. If a constant percentage of loss is applied to the data set the power at low engine speed could be underrated and the power at high engine speed could be overrated.

Feel free to PM me or email us at sales@stasisengineering.com if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Old 03-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack@STaSIS
You both have great questions, thank you for your inquiries.

Specifically for Dynometer testing STāSIS conducts testing with an all-wheel dynamometer produced by Dynapack. The Dynapack system has proven to be highly repeatable. One reason for this is because it measures power at the vehicles hub and not at the tire as do roller based dynamometers. The friction from the tire to roller interface causes a power loss which can be non-linear with respect to wheel speed. It is difficult to accurately account for these loses, especially because they are affected by the tires internal pressure as well as any loading forces applied by strapping the vehicle down for testing. Both of these variables are eliminated with hub based systems.
Airflow is crucial for a vehicles performance regardless of its use. During dynamometer testing, air handling is critical for accuracy and repeatability because the vehicle is stationary. When traveling on the road, the air intake tract receives a large volume of air. Another point commonly overlooked is the air traveling through the radiators and around the engine. If this airflow cannot be provided during testing, engine components can saturate with heat not indicative of actual operation and skew results.
STaSIS utilizes a high flow, temperature monitored fan system capable of matching the actual airflow the vehicle needs.
It is important to realize that just like an automobile a dynamometer is a dynamic system. The behavior of the system is affected by its surroundings and operation. To achieve repeatable results, STāSIS performs several test runs to warm the dynamometer components to their steady state operating temperature. Once the dynamometer is prepared and atmosheric conditions are adequate, several sessions of a given test configurations are logged for data reduction.
After dynamometer testing is complete the data must be processed in order to validate results. First the average of multiple runs of a stock configuration is taken. Then this data is corrected to match the factory published crankshaft power data. Next the average of multiple runs of the modified configuration is taken and the same correction is applied. This yields a data plot showing the STāSIS modified power versus the stock power as seen at the crankshaft. Corrections are calculated for every vehicle tested as it is not accurate to assume a set percentage for parasitic losses. Losses are non-linear. If a constant percentage of loss is applied to the data set the power at low engine speed could be underrated and the power at high engine speed could be overrated.

Feel free to PM me or email us at sales@stasisengineering.com if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
So then this data is corrected to match the published crankshaft power data? So you just get the delta (stock vs tune gain) and apply it to Audis published number, but in real life this number could be wrong if the published number is underrated, when I did the stock Dyno in my car prior to my tune, the HP showed only 10% drivetrain loss vs published Audi numbers, but a Quattro system with an automatic transmission should be way higher than that, so it is fair to say Audi publishes underrated numbers, and your tune gets around 70hp more vs stock, but the stock could be ( as noted by several members who have Dyno their cars) higher than 310hp and 325ftlbs
Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by feralc
So then this data is corrected to match the published crankshaft power data? So you just get the delta (stock vs tune gain) and apply it to Audis published number, but in real life this number could be wrong if the published number is underrated, when I did the stock Dyno in my car prior to my tune, the HP showed only 10% drivetrain loss vs published Audi numbers, but a Quattro system with an automatic transmission should be way higher than that, so it is fair to say Audi publishes underrated numbers, and your tune gets around 70hp more vs stock, but the stock could be ( as noted by several members who have Dyno their cars) higher than 310hp and 325ftlbs
The importance falls on looking at our deltas in our dyno graph.
As stated above we are correcting data to the factory published crankshaft numbers after multiple test runs on a stock vehicle, then correcting our own data after multiple runs of the tuned vehicle to reflect the actual gain we see with our tune. So in point of our dyno graph for the C7 A6/A7 model tuning we are adding a +70hp peak to peak gain to the vehicle when it is tuned with STaSIS software.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack@STaSIS
The importance falls on looking at our deltas in our dyno graph.
As stated above we are correcting data to the factory published crankshaft numbers after multiple test runs on a stock vehicle, then correcting our own data after multiple runs of the tuned vehicle to reflect the actual gain we see with our tune. So in point of our dyno graph for the C7 A6/A7 model tuning we are adding a +70hp peak to peak gain to the vehicle when it is tuned with STaSIS software.
So there is no way to get the real numbers besides the published ones? A real number at the crank besides the delta gains?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by feralc
So there is no way to get the real numbers besides the published ones? A real number at the crank besides the delta gains?
Are you referencing the Audi published crank HP figures? or the STaSIS published gains with our tune under the curve? I can assure you the published gains we are reporting are real gains under the curve. Every tuning company has their own way of reporting gains or "Peak" gains at a specific RPM level at the wheels or at the crank, just like the OEM manufactures do. Ive explained in detail below how SRG measures ours in the threads below. You can also view additional resources here on our website on how we do our testing- http://www.revotechnik.com/peak-power-figures/
If your looking for even more data you can always have your engine pulled and put it on an engine stand dyno to measure crank HP compaired to what is reported from the manufacture, very costly exercise though. Even then you will still get data that varies and will have to be corrected based on a number of factors. Dyno type, temperature, air flow etc..
If you have further questions or would like further information from us on how we test vehicles for tuning I invite you to contact us via email at sales@stasisengineering.com or phone, (888) 978-2747

Best Regards,

Last edited by Jack@STaSIS; 03-20-2013 at 12:24 AM.