A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2013 A7 Lowered (H&R) with Spacers, and AWE Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 A7 Lowered (H&R) with Spacers, and AWE Exhaust

Haven't had the time to personally take photos myself, but here are a few snaps of everything done that my local shop took.

H&R Springs with 15mm Spacers upfront, 20mm Spacers for the rear.

AWE Exhaust..

After two weeks of driving, I haven't noticed any rubbing, but I came across one speed bump that something below barely scraped.

Im very happy with the look and feel. The ride feel is close to stock, with maybe an ever so slight increase in bounce.

The Exhaust is fantastic. Sounds incredible when you romp on it, no droning whatsoever inside the vehicle. On normal acceleration, a little louder. I wish it was just a tad quieter here.

In all fairness though, I havent been listening to much music, and really have been focusing on the sound of the exhaust as well as the feel of the ride.

Overall, very happy!

Here is the link to the photos.

https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...3#!prettyPhoto

Johnny
Old 08-19-2013, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Night and day difference! That looks sweet, sitting just right!

Where did you pick up S7 mirrors?
Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A u d i A5
Night and day difference! That looks sweet, sitting just right!

Where did you pick up S7 mirrors?
Thanks!!

Those are standard A7 mirrors, but looking back at the pictures, they do look chromed out... The sun is hitting them just right in a few of those photos to give it that look.

I also have the 3m Crystaline tint as well, which I guess makes them stand out a little more in a few of those pics as well..

Thanks again for the compliments!

Johnny
Old 08-20-2013, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wish we could get those springs for the S7. Looks like an expensive coil over. Congrats looks awesome.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by johnnyb
Haven't had the time to personally take photos myself, but here are a few snaps of everything done that my local shop took.

H&R Springs with 15mm Spacers upfront, 20mm Spacers for the rear.

AWE Exhaust..

After two weeks of driving, I haven't noticed any rubbing, but I came across one speed bump that something below barely scraped.

Im very happy with the look and feel. The ride feel is close to stock, with maybe an ever so slight increase in bounce.

The Exhaust is fantastic. Sounds incredible when you romp on it, no droning whatsoever inside the vehicle. On normal acceleration, a little louder. I wish it was just a tad quieter here.

In all fairness though, I havent been listening to much music, and really have been focusing on the sound of the exhaust as well as the feel of the ride.

Overall, very happy!

Here is the link to the photos.

https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...3#!prettyPhoto

Johnny
Hey were you on stock non sport or sport suspension? Also are you on performance or all season tires?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hitz101
Hey were you on stock non sport or sport suspension? Also are you on performance or all season tires?
Non Sport Suspension and all season tires...

Johnny
Old 08-30-2013, 01:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks! So how would you say the ride feel is now? Is it a lot "weaker" not as comfy or would you say it's still almost the same not much of a worse bumpy or stiff feel or?

Also did you just do the basic h&r sport .75 springs? Sorry for all the questions i just love my car but don't want to mess it up but i want it lowered some but not crazy to where im going to crack the front end lip on something on the highway lol
Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry & also what size are your rims? I have the stock 20 inch spoke ones with all season tires. Do you think this set up would still work great with those with no rub & such? Same for the spacers as well?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner, I have been out of town for some time.

I have 19 inch wheels, all season tires, and yes the .75 H&Rs. I really couldnt say if 20 inch would rub or even ride well.

There is some difference in the ride for sure. "Stiff" is not what I would describe it, but the car does "dip" more when you ride over dips in the pavement. It seems to really give you back what the road gives you. Bumps do not seem any harsher.

There may be one instance where I have rubbed, it was at a considerable high speed (65), going through a countryside intersection. I heard something that didnt last even a split second. Im taking the car in the shop this Wednesday, to see if there has been any rubbing. But my accounts, I haven't seen or heard anything other than that one instance while driving around town. I just want to be sure.

I completely get that you do not want to change the feel too much. I was in the same boat. I will say that the H&R springs lowered the car a little more than I expected, and I'm definitely hitting something below on some speed bumps in private lots. Thats the main reason why I'm taking the car in.

Whatever it is, it happens around the middle of the car, literally dead center from side to side and front to back, or close to it anyways. It may be the AWE exhaust I just had installed is sitting a little low too.

I'll know more Wednesday.If its rubbing, the shop told me taking the spacers in the rear to 15mm would "for sure" alleviate any rubbing, but they also seem to think, according to their measurements, that 20mm shouldn't rub either.

Johnny