A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

310hp and 325ft-lbs torque?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ray101381
just spoke with giac tune is 1500 and if for some reason when you get your car serviced and they reflash back to stock giac will flash again to the tune you just pay for shipping. flash is 1500. and your ecu has to be sent in to giac. can't wait to send mine in, giac prefers that a dealer remove and send it in but i believe you can take it out and send it in yourself too.
If you ask the dealer to remove it, wouldn't they void the powertrain warranty?

If you do it yourself, pictures are greatly appreciated
Old 10-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Necser
If you ask the dealer to remove it, wouldn't they void the powertrain warranty?

If you do it yourself, pictures are greatly appreciated
GIAC dealer not Audi dealer

Last edited by feralc; 12-25-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by feralc
GIAD dealer not Audi dealer
GIAC sorry, btw 1500 is a steal I hoped it would be more so my car would still be the fastest A7 around
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

feralc,

so GIAC mentioned an ecu version update from 5 to 7 that's from the audi dealer, any idea what that is and how to find out if i have the new ecu update. my last visit to the dealership was about a week ago for the 25000 mile service and they did the service and a steering update and that's it. how do i know whether i have 5 or 7, i just want to make sure my ecu is up to date before i send it in to GIAC.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ray101381
feralc,

so GIAC mentioned an ecu version update from 5 to 7 that's from the audi dealer, any idea what that is and how to find out if i have the new ecu update. my last visit to the dealership was about a week ago for the 25000 mile service and they did the service and a steering update and that's it. how do i know whether i have 5 or 7, i just want to make sure my ecu is up to date before i send it in to GIAC.

You do not need to worry about it, they have the latest version for the 2013 model level 7 that includes a Crank case pressure fix, so if your car is 2012 or 2013 or whatever ECU version you have they will update the version to the latest one , FYI I went to the dealer prior to send it to GIAC and they did not update it to the latest ECU and it existed already because GIAC had it, the steering update has nothing to do with the engine ECU, they are different ECUs, I did lose my VAG-COM mods regarding lights (100% LEDS all the time, LEDS on with turn signal ) but I did not lose Video In Motion for example (My guess is those mods are somewhere else than the main ECU)

Just send it to them and enjoy speeds of 130+mph (closed course and professional pilot obviously
Old 11-01-2012, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

I thought you should send it if you don't live near a dealer because they say a dealer could do it in the same amount of time it takes you to refuel (read: direct port programing)

unfortunately I don't live near any GIAC dealer so I'll have to wait for the APR tune

BTW don't you guys care about powertrain warranty?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Banned

I do not care because as I said before these cars are built very strong, also I did my research about TD1 codes and oddly all the people that were flagged were chipped by APR, and the others were manually entered by the same Audi dealers when they installed the Stasis chip in house, maye it is a coincidence maybe not, maybe the famous background scan looks for specific values that the APR tunes modify, I am not saying the GIAC is undetectable (that is why I prefer to skip the dealer if it is not absolutely necessary) but I do not know anybody with a GIAC tune that was flagged by this background software. Also removing the ECU did not look very difficult to me, I am sure GIAC will post detailed instructions.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
I do not care because as I said before these cars are built very strong, also I did my research about TD1 codes and oddly all the people that were flagged were chipped by APR, and the others were manually entered by the same Audi dealers when they installed the Stasis chip in house, maye it is a coincidence maybe not, maybe the famous background scan looks for specific values that the APR tunes modify, I am not saying the GIAC is undetectable (that is why I prefer to skip the dealer if it is not absolutely necessary) but I do not know anybody with a GIAC tune that was flagged by this background software. Also removing the ECU did not look very difficult to me, I am sure GIAC will post detailed instructions.
I think our cars can be programmed through the OBD port if you take you car to a giac dealer or you can send the ecu to the dealer, check this page:
http://www.giacusa.com/installation.php

I know these cars are built strong but I'd hate to be denied warranty work because of a tune that maybe wasn't the cause for the damage
Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shaikhasm
I think our cars can be programmed through the OBD port if you take you car to a giac dealer or you can send the ecu to the dealer, check this page:
http://www.giacusa.com/installation.php

I know these cars are built strong but I'd hate to be denied warranty work because of a tune that maybe wasn't the cause for the damage
These particular ECUs cannot be programmed via port, you have to send the ECU to GIAC, I understand your concern about warranty, I was concerned myself as well and I did a lot of research, at the end it depends in how is your relationship with the dealer and how they will present your case to Audi in case something goes wrong before your warranty expires, even if the background software can find this kind of tune, the TD1 code will not be generated if they do not hook up the computer (if you understand me), what made my mind was, you are getting almost the same performance than the S7 for 1,500 and a S7 is around 14k more than a equivalent A7, "even" if something goes wrong before your warranty expires (very unlikely) you still have 12.5k to break even with the cost of a S7, and at the end you have to understand that you have to "pay to play", if the risk of a denied warranty (with all the factors and odds) will deprive your sleep, then a tune is not for you, but neither to keep the car after the warranty is over and you are on your own. I have owned several used cars in the past and I have NEVER paid in repairs more than the previous owner lost in depreciation.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Banned

In this comparison the S8 was underrated for so much, this car has the same quattro and 8 speed transmission than my car has so 20% drivetrain loss looks like the right number, so 281awhp and 296awft-lbs stock is really 351hp and 370ft-lbs, those are roughly the real numbers for our cars stock.
After the tune we are talking 436hp and 405ft-lbs.
The S7 should be around 449hp and 460ft-lbs.
Pretty close in horsepower, no contest in torque (it is a V8 of course torque would be higher)
I am SURE the RS7 will be the same engine but with the upgrades and tune the S8 has, that 4.0TFSI engine is a hell of an engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT0r...ure=watch-vrec

Quick Reply: 310hp and 325ft-lbs torque?