A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

5k Service/ Recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just made my appointment for the 5k service and was in no way shape or form offered a loaner. They simply said they would give me a ride back home or back to work and pick me up later while my car is being worked on. And of course they asked me up front if I purchased the car there, which I did not. They also said it would take 2 hours......

Is it common for them not to loan out cars??
Old 08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ali Nassiff
I just made my appointment for the 5k service and was in no way shape or form offered a loaner. They simply said they would give me a ride back home or back to work and pick me up later while my car is being worked on. And of course they asked me up front if I purchased the car there, which I did not. They also said it would take 2 hours......

It all depends on the dealer you go to.

I used to not get a loaner for anything service related. If I had a recall they got me a enterprise rent a poop. This was the dealer I bought the car from.

I changed to a different Audi dealer for service and recalls. Now they give me a A4 loaner for everything.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is the 5k service strictly mileage based, or is it 6 months/5k, whichever comes first. I am now able to work from home and will only be at 3,000 miles after 6 months. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ali Nassiff

I just got my 5k service yesterday and they offered me to shuttle back to my work...no loaners
Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

My dealership delivered me an A6, when they picked up my car an hour away at my home, and then two days later dropped off my 5k serviced car and took the A6 away. The A6 had like 250 miles on it. Now THAT"S what I call service!

Pallisades Audi in Nyack, NY, my salesman Rob Cici set it all up...NOT..the service department. He may just have a customer for life!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
Is the 5k service strictly mileage based, or is it 6 months/5k, whichever comes first. I am now able to work from home and will only be at 3,000 miles after 6 months. Thanks in advance.
All service intervals are on the "whichever comes first" basis. The theory is that certain fluids go bad, lubricants dry up and metals rust/oxidize after a while, even if they are not being actively used.

Depending on your usage, you either follow the milage or the time based schedule.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok, just got got my A7 back from the 5k service. No loaner but they did take me home and pick me up 4 hours later. And after asking about the recall on the lubricant for the MMI **** the service mgr told me that no code for that service came up on their system when they put my VIN into the system so I'm know driving around with a un-lubed MMI ****...........
Old 08-03-2012, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Unbelievable customer service. I didn't know dealers COULD do that.

Why did your 5k take 2 days, though?

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
My dealership delivered me an A6, when they picked up my car an hour away at my home, and then two days later dropped off my 5k serviced car and took the A6 away. The A6 had like 250 miles on it. Now THAT"S what I call service!

Pallisades Audi in Nyack, NY, my salesman Rob Cici set it all up...NOT..the service department. He may just have a customer for life!