A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 and Android cell phone compatiblity.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A7 and Android cell phone compatiblity.

I was wondering if any A7 users here with Android phones have had any issues with it. Does one need a special cable to connect it on the A7 for it in order to work?

Also, can one stream music or apps from your cell phone on the A7 or does one have to connect it via cable?

Any feedback would be great. I am on the cuff of buying an A7 and wanted to know
Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bluetooth for phone and audio streaming. Although for music, it's much easier to put songs on an SD card (or two cards) and leave the music in the car.

larry
Old 10-18-2012, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DoctoZaius
I was wondering if any A7 users here with Android phones have had any issues with it. Does one need a special cable to connect it on the A7 for it in order to work?

Also, can one stream music or apps from your cell phone on the A7 or does one have to connect it via cable?

Any feedback would be great. I am on the cuff of buying an A7 and wanted to know
While I bought the micro USB cable for my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), I never use it. Bluetooth connect is the easiest and most reliable that I have experienced from any car. I stream Rhapsody music service, Podcasts, Slingbox...all work perfectly. For the best audio quality (and album art), load the music you own to the Jukebox. I also have the SD Cards loaded with movies and another copy of my owned music.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

My Galaxy S2 has zero compatibility issues... I frequently stream stored music and Pandora.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jfourman
While I bought the micro USB cable for my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), I never use it. Bluetooth connect is the easiest and most reliable that I have experienced from any car. I stream Rhapsody music service, Podcasts, Slingbox...all work perfectly. For the best audio quality (and album art), load the music you own to the Jukebox. I also have the SD Cards loaded with movies and another copy of my owned music.
That's awesome and great to know! I have the same phone. I also have Slingbox. I'm curious, does it actually stream video to the screen our is it just audio?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
My Galaxy S2 has zero compatibility issues... I frequently stream stored music and Pandora.
Thanks for the reply. It's reassuring to hear that it is compatible with android phones.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DoctoZaius
That's awesome and great to know! I have the same phone. I also have Slingbox. I'm curious, does it actually stream video to the screen our is it just audio?
Just Audio.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Connecting a hard drive instead of a phone

You may all be interested in my new post "connecting a hard drive instead of a phone " Howard