A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Premium Plus Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobertJ
I have a Premium Plus A7 and have noticed that there is an element in the headlight assembly that is non-functional on my vehicle (and other Premium +'s from what I have seen in other forums)--the section in question is highlighted in yellow in the photo). In another forum numerous suggestions have been offered (e.g., high beams, flash-to-pass halogen, kerb lights, city lights). A call to Audi flagship resulted in "cornering lights" as the function of this element, dealership had no information to offer. The reflector assembly behind the bulb has a curved interior side suggesting that light would be cast to the side. I know that the xenon's include the high beam function and that the xenons go to high beam when the stalk is pulled even in daylight (someone suggested that the xenon warm up time is slow and that a separate halogen bulb assembly is used for flash-to-pass in daylight--apparently this was the case in the past).

At present, I do not know what the function of this light element is or if it can be enabled via VCDS. The current beta version of VCDS (module 09) makes reference to cornering lights via fog lights--changing this bit to 1 does nothing as far as I can tell although the coding is accepted (as the A7 does not have front fogs per se in any trim one wonders what this bit actually affects). Is this element present and functional on Prestige trim vehicles that have bi-xenon headlights? Any information about this light element would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachment 21145
I have got the LED LIGHTS which different from yours. But i am only guessing and i could be wrong, there is a function that goes "DRIVING ON THE RIGHT/LEFT" something like that. In my case,1 of my far end led cube switches off if i turned the driving on the left function on. May be its something like that or thats what it is.

Have you tried going through the owners manual at all mate?

Concerning the all weather lights, i really do not think so your car can come with the bulb and AUDI Expects you to retro fit the switch when you are ready for it.

Either it comes with the switch or it definitely has to do with something else.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huh?