A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

ALARM RAISED : AUDI A7 LEATHER ISSUE @ 4200KMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALARM RAISED : AUDI A7 LEATHER ISSUE @ 4200KMS

Hi Guys,

So i took my car for a Manual Wash and was very happy. And once every 2 Weeks i clean my interior. Especially the parts that i use always. And i use the BMW LEATHER CLEANING KIT and its the best product that i have ever used. As it restores the leather finish just the way it was from the showroom.

Parts that clear once every 2 Weeks are the steering wheel, gear lever **** and the arm rest.

I cleaned all of the above and the side step with SONAX COCKPIT CLEANER and i just noticed that there was a scuffing and cracking on the edge of the driver side seat( DOTED PORES & CRACKS ON THE SIDES). It would be the area where the driver would probably come into contact every time he/she tries to get out of the car.

I was thinking, even if the AUDI CLAIMED that its a wear and tear issue but hey there is no wear and tear at 4200KMS and the car is only 3 Months OLD. My Mercedes S350 AMG with Designo Interior have been used pretty roughly on the interior side and even now after an interior cleaning and detailing, its still perfectly clean with no fading or scuffing. I am seriously doubting the quality of leather used on the AUDI A7. My Q7 2007 Model used roughly has no issues at all. But its not dotted leather like the A7 but its still Genuine Leather.

I am so upset. I think i am going to show up first thing tomorrow morning at the Audi Dealership. Anyone else came across the same thing. This is just so not expected out of a 85000USD Worth Car.

Please helppp!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by djvorsprung
Hi Guys,

So i took my car for a Manual Wash and was very happy. And once every 2 Weeks i clean my interior. Especially the parts that i use always. And i use the BMW LEATHER CLEANING KIT and its the best product that i have ever used. As it restores the leather finish just the way it was from the showroom.

Parts that clear once every 2 Weeks are the steering wheel, gear lever **** and the arm rest.

I cleaned all of the above and the side step with SONAX COCKPIT CLEANER and i just noticed that there was a scuffing and cracking on the edge of the driver side seat( DOTED PORES & CRACKS ON THE SIDES). It would be the area where the driver would probably come into contact every time he/she tries to get out of the car.

I was thinking, even if the AUDI CLAIMED that its a wear and tear issue but hey there is no wear and tear at 4200KMS and the car is only 3 Months OLD. My Mercedes S350 AMG with Designo Interior have been used pretty roughly on the interior side and even now after an interior cleaning and detailing, its still perfectly clean with no fading or scuffing. I am seriously doubting the quality of leather used on the AUDI A7. My Q7 2007 Model used roughly has no issues at all. But its not dotted leather like the A7 but its still Genuine Leather.

I am so upset. I think i am going to show up first thing tomorrow morning at the Audi Dealership. Anyone else came across the same thing. This is just so not expected out of a 85000USD Worth Car.

Please helppp!

Can you take some photos to show us the crack?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
Can you take some photos to show us the crack?

There you go mate. Let me know what you think. I am counting down the hours before the AUDI CENTRE opens in about 5 Hours. Seriously i am furious even though i am going to talk to them like civilized human being

I have worked at Porsche and its not good to talk to them all shouting etc etc.
Attached Images   
Old 09-09-2011, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

According to your photos I can see some more cracks from the pores not circled by you, which means it could be a manufacture problem. I just checked mine and none of them are cracked.

The pictures show the seat back. How about the actual seats? Do you have clothing with decorations or sharp objects that could have caused the damage? I would imagine with regular clothing it would be hard to even scratch that area of the seat. Usually it's the hip areas that get damaged more easily.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
According to your photos I can see some more cracks from the pores not circled by you, which means it could be a manufacture problem. I just checked mine and none of them are cracked.

The pictures show the seat back. How about the actual seats? Do you have clothing with decorations or sharp objects that could have caused the damage? I would imagine with regular clothing it would be hard to even scratch that area of the seat. Usually it's the hip areas that get damaged more easily.
Its actually the Front Seat. Both pictures are the front driver seat. I took it to the Audi Centre and i showed it to the service manager and he did not even dispute it. He said send me the pictures of this and i will get the parts ordered. He too thinks its not normal for the seats to be that way. And the passenger seats are fine. He also thought the stitching on the driver seat is out of place.

And i do not wear clothes with any designs or anything. Besides i sit on a soft towel laid on the driver seat. Aquarian, can you please send the pic of how your seats look like.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by djvorsprung
Its actually the Front Seat. Both pictures are the front driver seat. I took it to the Audi Centre and i showed it to the service manager and he did not even dispute it. He said send me the pictures of this and i will get the parts ordered. He too thinks its not normal for the seats to be that way. And the passenger seats are fine. He also thought the stitching on the driver seat is out of place.

And i do not wear clothes with any designs or anything. Besides i sit on a soft towel laid on the driver seat. Aquarian, can you please send the pic of how your seats look like.
Good luck, I understand why your are upset. WOW, what a shame.