A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Album Art Problem on Jukebox

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Album Art Problem on Jukebox

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this please? I have an Audi A7 and have copied some music folders onto my SD card. After inserting the SD card I can see the albums and when playing a track I can see the album artwork showing on the track details - in fact playing music from the SD cards works great.

However, when I copy the tracks to the Jukebox I lose the artwork, i.e. All I see is a blank image on the cover screen and also on the track details. I have tried using bigger and smaller images and although all work fine on the SD cards I cannot get the artwork to show on the Jukebox.

Has anybody else experienced this and more importantly does anybody have any ideas how to rectify the problem?

Cheers

I also have a problem with my Google maps option being greyed out but that one can wait for now!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well, I managed to figure this out but thought I would post a reply in case anyone else had a similar problem. The problem is that I did not embed the album art in my files before uploading. I also had individual folders and that did not seem to work. So if any other users have this problem the solution is

1) Embed album art in your files first of all. A Google search will show loads of products that to this but I used I Tunes and followed these instructions. http://www.onetipaday.com/2006/12/31...-using-itunes/

2)I had all tracks in the root directory of the SD card. Note when copied to the Jukebox it sorts out the various albums.

And the sound from the Jukebox is far superior to that from the SD card.

Hope this helps
Old 10-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The sound from the SD card and jukebox should be exactly the same. Why do you think it sounds better?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kevinmorr
Well, I managed to figure this out but thought I would post a reply in case anyone else had a similar problem. The problem is that I did not embed the album art in my files before uploading. I also had individual folders and that did not seem to work. So if any other users have this problem the solution is

1) Embed album art in your files first of all. A Google search will show loads of products that to this but I used I Tunes and followed these instructions. http://www.onetipaday.com/2006/12/31...-using-itunes/

2)I had all tracks in the root directory of the SD card. Note when copied to the Jukebox it sorts out the various albums.

Hope this helps
Tried the link & not working for me.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by carljones11
Tried the link & not working for me.
That is a bad link, will not work for anybody. You can find the info at http://www.techspikes.com/2009/04/ad...-using-itunes/
Old 10-17-2011, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

...And the sound from the Jukebox is far superior to that from the SD card...
I somehow can't believe/understand that. When you copy a file from one device to another, you and up with EXACTLY the same string of data on a different storage memory device, in this case you are transferring from a memory chip to a hard drive. Regardless of where it is stored, the bitstream in the file does not change so it can't sound any different. Are you implying that the import process to the Jukebox does some kind of magic correction/optimization/modification to the original file?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, as I discovered, there is a 800 x 800 pixel limit for album art. (For SD/USB/Jukebox).
Old 01-24-2012, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope this helps
Just wanted to bump this thread for anyone else who may be having difficulty with SD cards and jukebox album art. I used the link provided here http://www.techspikes.com/2009/04/ad...-using-itunes/ and it works great!! Thanks guys!

Last edited by darcivic00si; 01-24-2012 at 10:40 AM.