A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

AMI cable that supports iPod video, cover art etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time I see that this thread has a new post, I get very excited. I click on it hoping to see that someone has figured out how to get the iPod album art working. So far, I've been disappointed. I'm rooting for everyone that's trying to figure this out.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by retroclutch
Every time I see that this thread has a new post, I get very excited. I click on it hoping to see that someone has figured out how to get the iPod album art working. So far, I've been disappointed. I'm rooting for everyone that's trying to figure this out.
i do the same thing.. i get email notifications and its like torture lol
hopefully soon
Old 09-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has anyone tried getting the USB AMI cable and plugging in the iPod/iPhone with the USB cable? Could that potentially work?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by retroclutch
Has anyone tried getting the USB AMI cable and plugging in the iPod/iPhone with the USB cable? Could that potentially work?
Tried it, doesn't work
Old 09-30-2011, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

this is how it should look!

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2811237
Old 10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stevial
Tried it, doesn't work
Someone we know has figured something out. Hmmmmm hn+r_us_au_p0467 anyone
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Some of you may already be aware of this, but it's new to me. Album cover art works fine with the SD-cards and not just the Jukebox (no cable involved).
Attached Images   
Old 10-22-2011, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Adennna,

I take it you have this red cable ipod art working. I have purchased the cable but was greeted with an "ipod not supported" message when I tried it with my 120GB Ipod classic. Can I assume it only works with ipod touch / iphone style devices?

I think I saw the caveat "only works with newer ipods" in the manual somewhere but thet's fairly open ended. I figured that just meant it wouldnt work with early ipods. They should be clearer about that.

If it's only touch style deviced that's a shame as they are size constrained so I may as well have saved myself the effort and bought a couple od SD cards / a USDB hard drive.

It could well be a speed limitation due to the mechanical HD in the classics though.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Celestyan
Adennna,

I take it you have this red cable ipod art working. I have purchased the cable but was greeted with an "ipod not supported" message when I tried it with my 120GB Ipod classic. Can I assume it only works with ipod touch / iphone style devices?

I think I saw the caveat "only works with newer ipods" in the manual somewhere but thet's fairly open ended. I figured that just meant it wouldnt work with early ipods. They should be clearer about that.

If it's only touch style deviced that's a shame as they are size constrained so I may as well have saved myself the effort and bought a couple od SD cards / a USDB hard drive.

It could well be a speed limitation due to the mechanical HD in the classics though.

A software update is required, it works in some newer cars with updated software
Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default What version of software? Any idea?

Originally Posted by Stevial
A software update is required, it works in some newer cars with updated software
Any idea what version of software is required? My dealer is clueless and my car is a N.American 2012 A5 Prestige Cab with a build date of August, 2011. I don't want to buy the red grommet cable and then find out it doesn't work.

Quick Reply: AMI cable that supports iPod video, cover art etc.