AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MacA7
I have the same issue...
yep, same here
Old 08-30-2011, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

So, for those that have the rattling noises, have you tried to look into the problem yourself or have you had the dealer solve it?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by cbb09
yep, same here
Here too. Rattle in passeneger side at certain speeds on highway when car vibrates. Sounds like dash, glove box or passenger door, but hard to identify. Starting to bug me.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dallas98
Here too. Rattle in passeneger side at certain speeds on highway when car vibrates. Sounds like dash, glove box or passenger door, but hard to identify. Starting to bug me.
My car is a bag of rattles/noises/vibrations. There is a flutter/rattle from passenger door, another from the roof lining and a strange low volume clatter from the suspension. Not the build quality I expected from Audi at all.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Went to dealership today about the noise. The guy says he has to take the dashboard apart to see what is loose behind it... That realy upsets me.. Once they start taking stuff off the car, it never goes back on the same way it came from the factory.. The car is not even a week old!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a couple of threads that dive deeper into this issue but in short I had our company lawyer go after Audi & the dealership since they both gave up on trying to fix the noise issues on my A7. If your dealership is successful please share with the rest of us!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mynewa7
Went to dealership today about the noise. The guy says he has to take the dashboard apart to see what is loose behind it... That realy upsets me.. Once they start taking stuff off the car, it never goes back on the same way it came from the factory.. The car is not even a week old!!!!!!
You're right - I wouldn't let them near it. I'm trying to sort them out myself but the one in the passenger door keeps coming back. I'll beat it yet I'm sure. When I find out how I'll let you know.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Am also having rattles/squeaks from driver and passanger door. They also appear when listening to music with deep bass. I know there were some issues with the A5 model line with the speaker cables in the doors. Maybe it's (still) the same with the A7.
I also have "rolling ball" sound somewhere in the back when I back up and drive away.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ratheito
Am also having rattles/squeaks from driver and passanger door. They also appear when listening to music with deep bass. I know there were some issues with the A5 model line with the speaker cables in the doors. Maybe it's (still) the same with the A7.
I also have "rolling ball" sound somewhere in the back when I back up and drive away.
For such a solid looking car that gives a perception of high quality build, I'm amazed that it has vastly more rattles/noises than my wife's 6 year old Hyundai!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chuckyarla
For such a solid looking car that gives a perception of high quality build, I'm amazed that it has vastly more rattles/noises than my wife's 6 year old Hyundai!
I expect this sort of thing early in the model year of a brand new model car (which is why I might be waiting until the Spring or the next model year to buy). I bought my wife a Ford Flex as the family-hauler right when they came out and it had an incessant squeaking in the headliner which they were able to fix after 2 different visits. It has not reappeared even after 50,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Annoying noises