A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Is anyone else having problems with their A7

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by poccsx
In Virginia:

'"Nonconformity" means a failure to conform with a warranty, a defect or a condition, including those that do not affect the driveability of the vehicle, which significantly impairs the use, market value, or safety of a motor vehicle.'

I floated this by my company's attorney and he said 'if it's not fixed the 3rd time, come to me, and we'll get it taken care of.' So I'm not too worried.

I wonder what the proper repair for your problem would be? You mentioned that your car used to be a lot quieter until the buzzing should started. What caused the change? Door/hinge alignment? Something must have changed to make the car more noisy during highway driving.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those all sound like Iphone problems to me..get an android you wont have any problems. Its a google nav setup in there.did you expect it to be crapple friendly?
Old 07-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
I wonder what the proper repair for your problem would be? You mentioned that your car used to be a lot quieter until the buzzing should started. What caused the change? Door/hinge alignment? Something must have changed to make the car more noisy during highway driving.
My average day consists of driving to 3-5 locations and spending 2-3 hours at each location. Initially, the problem wouldn't even kick in for some of those trips if they weren't log enough. As the problem got worse I would hear it almost immediately after leaving the parking lot. It went from having to reach a certain speed or hitting a rough patch of road to hearing it every time I hit 30+ mph.

My opinion, and I'm an IT consultant not a car expert, is that it's fit and finish. So when it left the factory everything fit together really well but as the car racked up the miles various pieces loosened up creating gaps.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bootnet
Those all sound like Iphone problems to me..get an android you wont have any problems. Its a google nav setup in there.did you expect it to be crapple friendly?
The dealer fixed this problem, it was a defective Audi wiring harness, end of story.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No problems for three months so far.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Wow...

Picked it up today, after 3rd attempt, still not fixed. To make matters worse, they removed the factory door seal and replaced it with some crap that they didn't fully glue that's falling off the door.

That and now my flip-out LCD gets stuck when it opens. Just what I need, ANOTHER electrical issue.

Dropping off again tonight, dealership tells me to complain to Audi corporate, Audi corporate tells me to complain to dealership. I see how it is with Audi. Time for my 5th rental.

Purchased 45 days ago
Me: 23 days
At dealership: 22 days
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Picked it up today, after 3rd attempt, still not fixed. To make matters worse, they removed the factory door seal and replaced it with some crap that they didn't fully glue that's falling off the door.

That and now my flip-out LCD gets stuck when it opens. Just what I need, ANOTHER electrical issue.

Dropping off again tonight, dealership tells me to complain to Audi corporate, Audi corporate tells me to complain to dealership. I see how it is with Audi. Time for my 5th rental.

Purchased 45 days ago
Me: 23 days
At dealership: 22 days
I am speechless. Can you take a photo of what's being put on the door? I am very curious to see your dealer's "solution" to your windows sealing problem. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
I am speechless. Can you take a photo of what's being put on the door? I am very curious to see your dealer's "solution" to your windows sealing problem. Thanks.
Even better, video:
http://www.poccs.com/files/glue.mov

LCD stuck between open and closed:
http://www.poccs.com/files/lcd.mov
Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Even better, video:
http://www.poccs.com/files/glue.mov

LCD stuck between open and closed:
http://www.poccs.com/files/lcd.mov

That sucks, man. Your dealer dropped the ball on the installation of the door weather seal. So it looks like their diagnosis was the door seal itself, not the window, that caused the excessive noise.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default INconvenience key not working either

The keyless entry/go on my A7 Prestige has had major problems since delivery. Most times when using the car it will not work at least once, either unlocking, starting or locking. I am constantly touching the key to the dash and getting messages that the key is not recognized. The car has been to the dealer several times already. The first time I was told that it was a very technical car and maybe the car was getting confused between the 2 keys. They suggested that we lock the car when parking it, this would put the car to sleep and reset it for the next user. It sounded ridiculous, but I figured I'd give it a try. Obviously, this did nothing. The next trip to the dealer got new batteries for the remotes. Again no improvement. The next time got new remotes from the factory. Again no improvement. Currently I am speaking with Audi Flagship to determine my next and final course of action before pursuing the lemon law. They want me to bring the car in again and have it scanned, then Audi will analyze and determine the next step. I told them that they need to determine the next step and have the parts on hand before they will get me back to the dealership.

Since Audi does not know what is wrong or how to fix the car, I thought I'd throw it to you guys for suggestions.

On a positive note, the car gets more positive comments than any car I've had before, including those more expensive, sportier, etc.

Quick Reply: Is anyone else having problems with their A7