A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Ash v walnut with black interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by gocartcpa

...also, what is the black headliner?
The headliner is the cloth material covering the roof of the car on the inside (going between the front and rear windshield and beetween the top of the left and right doors) above your head. It is available in different colors, like white, beige, gray, black etc.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my A7 on 1/7/2012 with Ash and the sales person hasn't come back to me yet on it not being available. I'll have to check with him and see.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gocartcpa
My A7 was ordered on Jan 3, 2012. Just last week my salesman said the ash is no longer in production and had to be either oak, dark walnut or brushed aluminum. How is it that you still have the light ash trim choice?

also, what is the black headliner?
Here's a pic of my A6. No matter what interior you choose a black headliner is optional. Some feel that it makes it look too dark, but personally I think it goes quite well with black or nougat interiors.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Questioning availability of Ash

gocartcpa: Are you a U.S. buyer? I hate to think that ash is no longer available. I ordered my A7 in January and the dealer order sheets indicated that ash was the standard trim when ordering Nougat. Any other trim with Nougat would be an exception order. I will be sad if I can't get ash.

Has anyone else heard that ash is no longer available?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Black headliner

Gray headliner

Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered mine with the black interior and ash trim (exterior is moonlight blue). It really does come down to personal preference. I like the understated look of the ash and how the natural grain has some black in it to pull in the interior. I ordered mine late December and have heard nothing about ash not being available.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Black headliner

Gray headliner

Great pics of the two. Speaking as someone who got grey..go with the black. To make myself feel better the grey "feels" more open inside. The back cover is black (which is good) but the grey, black, brown wood, nougat, a touch of aluminum is too much imho. Black headliner looks better & less busy looking.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

The ash still shows as available on Audiusa's online configurator. I'd double check with your salesman to see where he's getting his info from.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone know what determines the privacy cover color? I have seen a gray one and a black on on cars with the black interior and gray headliner. The only difference was the exterior color; a red car had the black cover but a brown car with the gray headliner had the gray cover. I am waiting on my car which is moonlight blue with black interior and hoping for the black cover. The issue some people noted in reviews is that the light colored privacy cover n the trunk reflected too much light and made it difficult to see out of the back window in direct sunlight. Any thoughts or feedback? Thanks and sorry for being long-winded!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by viggense
Does anyone know what determines the privacy cover color? I have seen a gray one and a black on on cars with the black interior and gray headliner. The only difference was the exterior color; a red car had the black cover but a brown car with the gray headliner had the gray cover. I am waiting on my car which is moonlight blue with black interior and hoping for the black cover. The issue some people noted in reviews is that the light colored privacy cover n the trunk reflected too much light and made it difficult to see out of the back window in direct sunlight. Any thoughts or feedback? Thanks and sorry for being long-winded!
Mine is a beige interior with beige covers and it does have an annoying (though not insurmountable) reflection in bright sunlight.

Quick Reply: Ash v walnut with black interior