A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

AUDI CONNECT - OFFICIAL $15 Renew ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AUDI CONNECT - OFFICIAL $15 Renew ! ! !

So as many of you might know I've been going round in circles with my local dealer, Audi America, T-Mobile, and Audi-Connect.

My car (never titled) came with a card that was already activated, even to surprise of dealer. Not only did I only get 1 month of free Audi Connect instead of 6 months, but I didn't have access to the $15/month unlimited data plan (Prepaid); only the more expensive $25, $27, $30 options.

We'll after a few weeks of me call and them discussing internally I got a call today that they have decided that EVERYONE now has access to the $15 prepaid data and that it no longer is only available to new car owners who purchase at the same time as the car. Also it's 30-months (2.5-years) and not 36-months (3-years) so it's less prepaid commitment.

Now that we all officially have the $15 plan available, unless you already locked yourself into something else there is less of a reason to fuss with the PTEL or TRU options where you have to manage your usage to stay at or slightly under $15.

You can all thank my persistence by paying my 30-month prepaid. And of course thank Audi and T-Mobile for changing the policy.
Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THANK YOU!!! quick question that I do not know if you or other members can respond? if I sell the car and get another Audi I guess I can transfer the sim card to the new car, eventhough the sim is "attached" to the VIN number, I have used the sim card in my ipad with no problems.
Thanks for your persistence!!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

the 30 months 15$ is good news!! but is it a permanent option?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
THANK YOU!!! quick question that I do not know if you or other members can respond? if I sell the car and get another Audi I guess I can transfer the sim card to the new car, eventhough the sim is "attached" to the VIN number, I have used the sim card in my ipad with no problems.
Thanks for your persistence!!!!
That's the first thing I thought after I got OFF the phone with them. I didn't bother to call back. Partly I knew from prior conversations that the SIM is assigned with the VIN and that Audi Connect is supposed to be both Audi and T-Mobile employees. They could pull up all the details on my car including the VIN from the SIM card. Part of my problem was that the VIN was clean but the SIM Card wasn't so that caused a lot of problems. The SIM that COMES with the car is supposed to be locked to that specific VIN but I can't confirm or deny. I figured I would have the car at least 2.5 years and if not I'm not loosing much.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RE/MAX-Evolution/A7
the 30 months 15$ is good news!! but is it a permanent option?
According to what Audi Connect told me today it was a purchase change to open to all RENEWING customers, not just new customers. This was after three weeks of back and forth calls with me and internal discussions on their side with Audi and T-Mobile.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
That's the first thing I thought after I got OFF the phone with them. I didn't bother to call back. Partly I knew from prior conversations that the SIM is assigned with the VIN and that Audi Connect is supposed to be both Audi and T-Mobile employees. They could pull up all the details on my car including the VIN from the SIM card. Part of my problem was that the VIN was clean but the SIM Card wasn't so that caused a lot of problems. The SIM that COMES with the car is supposed to be locked to that specific VIN but I can't confirm or deny. I figured I would have the car at least 2.5 years and if not I'm not loosing much.
Glad they dropped the cost... Its still a $450 outlay. But many of us are using the Ptel or tru option for a few cents per month. It just depends upon what you use it for.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

According to what Audi Connect told me today it was a purchase change to open to all RENEWING customers, not just new customers. This was after three weeks of back and forth calls with me and internal discussions on their side with Audi and T-Mobile.
awesome great work boss!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
Glad they dropped the cost... Its still a $450 outlay. But many of us are using the Ptel or tru option for a few cents per month. It just depends upon what you use it for.
In my case after monitoring usage patterns Ptel or Tru were going to be close to $15 so this was kind of no brainer.

A new(er) player is Ultra. They are supposed to have $0.05 data pay per use that is cheaper than Ptel or Tru but the launch continues to be delayed as they focus more on their flat rate plans instead.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the VIN "attachment" was only to verify the eligibility through new cars (previous requirement until you fixed it for us) because as I have said I have used the sim card in my Ipad with no problems, anybody with two Audis can confirm the SIM card works in either with no problems??
Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
if I sell the car and get another Audi I guess I can transfer the sim card to the new car, even though the sim is "attached" to the VIN number, I have used the sim card in my ipad with no problems.
When I was having a problem with myAudi destinations in Dec, the service tech tried my AT&T sim card in another car on the sales floor and it worked fine. This would seem to confirm that the card is not tied to the VIN but only to the account.

Quick Reply: AUDI CONNECT - OFFICIAL $15 Renew ! ! !