A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

AUDI CONNECT - OFFICIAL $15 Renew ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you call them and ask them if they can change it to $15/month without contact? Since they are changing their phone plan policy recently.... (no contract for T-mobile)

lol

it would be great if it can be $15/month no contract.
The new T-mobile data plan contract for tablet is $20 for 500Mb I think...
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/m...and-plans.aspx

ok...then 50% off if prepaid is not true anymore with their new data plan.

$10/month makes more sense assuming we are having the 500Mb full-speed and got throttled after that.

I am so greedy..
Old 03-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=jeremymc7;24424622]Also it's 30-months (2.5-years) and not 36-months (3-years) so it's less prepaid commitment.
QUOTE]

jeremymc7,

Thank You for your time to do this, really will benefit a lot of folks. Just had a quick question, you had mentioned it is for 30 months, is that for folks whose subscription has already expired(i.e. Past the 6 months free trial). For those getting a new car, wouldnt it still be 6 months trial + 30 months @ 450?

Once again, thanks!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sunnyp1227
Can you call them and ask them if they can change it to $15/month without contact? Since they are changing their phone plan policy recently.... (no contract for T-mobile)

lol

it would be great if it can be $15/month no contract.
The new T-mobile data plan contract for tablet is $20 for 500Mb I think...
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/m...and-plans.aspx

ok...then 50% off if prepaid is not true anymore with their new data plan.

$10/month makes more sense assuming we are having the 500Mb full-speed and got throttled after that.

I am so greedy..
As I recall (could be wrong) the Audi Connect was 1GB of full 3G speed data and then throttled 3G data.

That new new plan your talking about is 500MB before it gets throttled and then reverts to 2G (!!!!!) speed. Are those towers even still up???
Old 03-26-2013, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

I assume 500Mb is more than enough for using in the car.
I don't mind paying $10/month for 500MB and get throttled lol

Unless you use wifi hot spot viewing videos a lot. Otherwise I don't think it's easy to meet 500MB right?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sunnyp1227
I assume 500Mb is more than enough for using in the car.
I don't mind paying $10/month for 500MB and get throttled lol

Unless you use wifi hot spot viewing videos a lot. Otherwise I don't think it's easy to meet 500MB right?
Hard to say. I use about 1GB a month without using hotspot. However, much of what I use my phone for is streaming music in the car. I can now lower my data plan and switch to hotspot instead and save a good chunk over paying tiered data on my phone since it's throttled too and cost on a per MB / GB basis anyway. The AudiConnect is unlimited and the 3G is pretty good in my area.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RE/MAX-Evolution/A7
the 30 months 15$ is good news!! but is it a permanent option?
I doubt they will say whether it is permanent just to keep the urge to sign up now instead of waiting later.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
I doubt they will say whether it is permanent just to keep the urge to sign up now instead of waiting later.
As they say, the only things guaranteed to be permanent are death and taxes. Everything else is subject to change; (and most likely will).
Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Great work, more options for everyone!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:48 PM
RSP
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
So as many of you might know I've been going round in circles with my local dealer, Audi America, T-Mobile, and Audi-Connect.

My car (never titled) came with a card that was already activated, even to surprise of dealer. Not only did I only get 1 month of free Audi Connect instead of 6 months, but I didn't have access to the $15/month unlimited data plan (Prepaid); only the more expensive $25, $27, $30 options.

We'll after a few weeks of me call and them discussing internally I got a call today that they have decided that EVERYONE now has access to the $15 prepaid data and that it no longer is only available to new car owners who purchase at the same time as the car. Also it's 30-months (2.5-years) and not 36-months (3-years) so it's less prepaid commitment.

Now that we all officially have the $15 plan available, unless you already locked yourself into something else there is less of a reason to fuss with the PTEL or TRU options where you have to manage your usage to stay at or slightly under $15.

You can all thank my persistence by paying my 30-month prepaid. And of course thank Audi and T-Mobile for changing the policy.
Good work but I do hope you realize that many members on this forum have been doing exactly what you have been doing for quite some time with regard to trying to get Audi and T-Mobile to extend the 30 month, $15/month for all Audi owners who have Audi Connect capability. As usual, it takes a number of people to complain to be able to change things.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RSP
Good work but I do hope you realize that many members on this forum have been doing exactly what you have been doing for quite some time with regard to trying to get Audi and T-Mobile to extend the 30 month, $15/month for all Audi owners who have Audi Connect capability. As usual, it takes a number of people to complain to be able to change things.
I'd guess that a low percentage of owners not electing to purchase beyond the free 6 months primarily contributed to T-Mobile's decision. At the end of the day, money "talks" and at $25 prepaid or $30 per month, apparently they weren't achieving their conversion goals. Supply and demand - lots of supply but too low a demand. The only solution? Extend the limited lower price deal to everyone.

Quick Reply: AUDI CONNECT - OFFICIAL $15 Renew ! ! !