A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Build week is March 10: Delivery Guesses?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build week is March 10: Delivery Guesses?

The dealer tells me my build weeks 3/10. I'd sure dig hearing your guesses on a delivery date to Dallas.

A7 Prestige
Loaded with Geeky and Safety Stuff
Dakota with Beige
Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

90days or so... Jun/Jul maybe???
Old 02-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
90days or so... Jun/Jul maybe???
raslam77,

You might be right on the money, but I sure hope not. I had heard "approximatley 90 days from the order date" plenty of times, but I was hoping that knowing the actual build date meant that we could predict a much crisper timeline on how long things took after it rolled-out of the factory.

If other folks were told their build week, and that might not be too common, I was hoping to hear their timing after that. It is easy to tally-up at least a month in getting the car to the port, shipping, unloading, etc., but a few actual timetables on what it took would be cool to know.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I don't know if this helps, but....

...my build date was February 2nd; I'm in Chicago and the scheduled delivery date is March 15th. From what the dealer tells me, all U.S. bound Audi cars ship to the Houston area, it takes a few days and then the cars are on trucks to their ultimate destination. Mine is scheduled to hit the port in Texas around March 7; so, that's 5 weeks, then a week to get here.

Prestige Package
Moonlight Blue with Titanium Gray interior, fine grain ash
Driver Assistance Package
19" Sport package
Cold Weather Package
LED Headlights
Rear Side Airbags
Stasis Exhaust
Stasis Engine tuning software (when they finally release it...)

Last edited by 60614allroad; 02-14-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 718 Likes on 507 Posts

My A8's build date was week of Jan 31st 2011 and the car arrived at the dealer in mid-March; about 5 weeks after production week. I think 4 to 6 weeks is the norm. All depends on how long the car sits at the port waiting to fill a cargo ship, and then at the port of entry waiting for customs clearance and ground transport.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Probably the same as Vegas plus a few days depending upon what port the vehicle is coming in at. I live in Vegas and ordered my vehicle on 12/15/2011. I received notice that the vehicle was loaded for transport on 2/18 (approximately 65 days from order placement to build and stage). From there it will be approximately 30 days to reach the San Diego port and another 5-7 days to clear customs, load onto transport truck and arrive at dealership. All in all just over 3 months. Some variability should be factor in when the factory stages orders and the lag time in starting the build process at the factory. Having worked at the Corvette plant (low volume) and at the now defunct Saturn plant (high volume), this can vary. Audi may have different policies though. if ordered and scheduled to build on 3/10 I would anticipate you getting delivery to the Dallas/Ft Worth dealership by the last week in June
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HipPop
The dealer tells me my build weeks 3/10.
You should have it by tax time - April 15th if there's no delay getting it on a ship.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Update: Christmas comes early....

Originally Posted by HipPop
The dealer tells me my build weeks 3/10. I'd sure dig hearing your guesses on a delivery date to Dallas.

A7 Prestige
Loaded with Geeky and Safety Stuff
Dakota with Beige
Here's the official update. The car was produced ahead of schedule and was already headed to port when it's build week arrived. It hits Houston on 3/29 (if the waters cooperate) with delivery within a week. Not bad, Audi.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Good news, bad news: delivery tomorrow

Well, the good news from the dealer is that the delivery truck caring my car to DFW made it to the lot today. The bad news is that it arrived at the same time a hail storm did, and my car got hit with some dents.

Presuming all dents can be fixed by dent less repair only, suggestions on discount I ought to request?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would want a new one period!

Quick Reply: Build week is March 10: Delivery Guesses?