A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Cargo Organzier - Premium Rigid Fold Flat

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cargo Organzier - Premium Rigid Fold Flat

Looking for a premium quality cargo organizer for the A7. Something I can keep in the car and put a bunch of stuff in, holds it all in place, sturdy for the small but heavy and rolly stuff, gets out of the way easily when I got even bigger stuff.

Found this on Google image but can't see a brand and can't find anyone that sell's ANYTHING anywhere near as quality built. Everything seems to flimsy and cheap.

Thoughts anyone.
Attached Images   
Old 09-09-2013, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...runk+organizer
Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

He is looking for a sturdy, well made quality unit. This is cheap junk.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Closest I've found is fly a caddy ctx-v
http://www.google.com/shopping/produ...g&ved=0CDkQrhI
Old 09-10-2013, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
He is looking for a sturdy, well made quality unit. This is cheap junk.
I wasn't sure what to think when I saw the link myself. Thought maybe it was a joke. haha.

Yes, I need something study that will stay in place, won't slide around (or tip over) under the weight of the contents, sides wont cave in.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mitodad
Closest I've found is fly a caddy ctx-v
http://www.google.com/shopping/produ...g&ved=0CDkQrhI
Not bad. I've seen some similar one's out there. Problem with the one's I had seen was:

They either had other car makes molded into them: Ala Ford or Chevy. Uh no thank you. Not in the back of my Audi.

Or they didn't have flat bottoms as they were designed to fit into recesses of specific make / models of other cars.

This might actually work. Not exactly what I would want from scratch. Need to find some better pictures and details somewhere.

Good find, I'll check it out.

Anyone else ?
Old 09-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
Looking for a premium quality cargo organizer for the A7. Something I can keep in the car and put a bunch of stuff in, holds it all in place, sturdy for the small but heavy and rolly stuff, gets out of the way easily when I got even bigger stuff.

Found this on Google image but can't see a brand and can't find anyone that sell's ANYTHING anywhere near as quality built. Everything seems to flimsy and cheap.

Thoughts anyone.
How about this?

Amazon.com: Rola 59000 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Interior Organizer (25" x 15"): Automotive Amazon.com: Rola 59000 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Interior Organizer (25" x 15"): Automotive
Old 09-11-2013, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's not bad. I looked at it and more specifically it's larger sibling, the 59001 which is only a little bit more expensive.

The problem is two fold. One they are still really soft sided and not really as rigid as the hard plastic models like the one I origional posted, but can't find anywhere and the more simplistic GM one subsequently posted by fellow member.

The other problem with the Rola and similar designs is that it's not that quick to convert. The initial pop-up is, but then you have to manually put in all dividers, that have to manually, removed, before to fold it down. The plastic one's make it a much quicker one step approach but from what I found thus far like I said there are either non-Audi specific and won't fit, have some American car company plastered all over it design wise, or I just can't see to track down a supplier.

The hunt continues. But I do have some fall backs though so far.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
Not bad. I've seen some similar one's out there. Problem with the one's I had seen was:

They either had other car makes molded into them: Ala Ford or Chevy. Uh no thank you. Not in the back of my Audi.

Or they didn't have flat bottoms as they were designed to fit into recesses of specific make / models of other cars.

This might actually work. Not exactly what I would want from scratch. Need to find some better pictures and details somewhere.

Good find, I'll check it out.

Anyone else ?
Btw, the pic that you posted from the google pics works similar to what I put into my first fusion in 2006. Fwiw I sent an email to weather tech to see what they thought about digital fit bottom and folding front back pieces and universal plastic sides and insertable plastic inserts rather than netting assuming that they make the folding front and back pieces with groves that the insert fits into
Old 09-13-2013, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

That Rola 59000 looks ideal for the A7. Does anyone get any use out of the cargo net? It seems to me like the net pretty much takes over the hatch floor, limiting space for anything else.

Quick Reply: Cargo Organzier - Premium Rigid Fold Flat