A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Chip tuning A7 3.0 TDI, rSAP

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chip tuning A7 3.0 TDI, rSAP

Hi,

I fell hard for the A7 and have ordered one Daytona Gray, S-Line with ALL options, available in Sweden, except for the B&O sound system which was a little to much for me to pay for a sound.

(Quattro sportdiff, Soft closing doors, back camera, head up display, Valcona leather with S imprint, Audi pre sense plus, MMI plus, S line external package, electrical front seats, heated seats front and back with memory, full LED light, internal light package, speed signs camera reader, music interface, HomeLink, air suspension, electric adjusted steering wheel with paddles, sunroof, keyless drive, double insulated glas, Bose surround, 4 zone climate, leather package, remote engine heater, night vision, bluethooth phone, )

Has anyone heard the BOSE sound system? I'm a little afraid that I'm going to be disappointed...

I like the diesel engine but it wouldn't heart to have a few BHP more. Have any one chip tuned a A7 3.0 TDI? The result? and pros and cons?

It's very frustrated that Iphone doesn't support rSAP which is needed if you want to use googel earth navigation without having an extra sim card. Anyone got any fix for this?

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have touched base with my local Superchips tuner in our area as I've ordered an A6 3.0TDI and he informed me that up to 315hp in available for the 245hp version. By all accounts that should be enough to please me.

Since mine won't be here until late August you will already know and probably have experienced your tune up and be able to advice me of the pros and cons.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It's the same engine (245 bhp) so it shouldn't been any difference. Mine will arrive in a week or two (hopefully) but I think I will give it some miles before I do anything so I get the chance to notice if there is any Warranty issues. I presume the engine and gear box warranty ends if you tune it. I wonder how much torque the DSG can take. There is normally a limit what gearboxes can take. I don't know what's the limit on Audis Dual shift box that is standard in the A7? ABT emailed me and said they can deliver 300 BHP but then I need to drive down to Germany...
Old 04-29-2011, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Officially SUPERCHIPS are quoting 290hp but according to their dealer they can take it to 315hp. Didn't catch from him what the torque figures were for the higher output figure but for the lesser "official" one it's 580Nm which is plenty.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Gear Junky
Officially SUPERCHIPS are quoting 290hp but according to their dealer they can take it to 315hp. Didn't catch from him what the torque figures were for the higher output figure but for the lesser "official" one it's 580Nm which is plenty.
Do you think the gearbox will handle 600 nm in tourqe? Does any other Audi model with the same gearbox have 600 nm?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Senox
Do you think the gearbox will handle 600 nm in tourqe? Does any other Audi model with the same gearbox have 600 nm?
As far as I am aware the S-Tronic is capable of handling 600Nm, plus you must remember that the Bi-turbo 3.0TDI is coming next year which most definitely has at least this amount.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Wasn't aware of any bi turbo TDI!? Like a S7 but with TDI I guess? If I was aware of this I might have waited....
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Senox
Wasn't aware of any bi turbo TDI!? Like a S7 but with TDI I guess? If I was aware of this I might have waited....
I have had this confirmed by the dealer but like I said it's not due now until the new year. Though when you think of it both the S7 and this bi-turbo diesel will be approaching the 600Nm mark at the very least and the RS7 will definitely exceed it, all these cars will get the 7 speed S-Tronic gearbox so it very unlikely that Audi hasn't engineered the box to cope beyond what current engines are offering torque wise don't you think.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Gear Junky
I have had this confirmed by the dealer but like I said it's not due now until the new year. Though when you think of it both the S7 and this bi-turbo diesel will be approaching the 600Nm mark at the very least and the RS7 will definitely exceed it, all these cars will get the 7 speed S-Tronic gearbox so it very unlikely that Audi hasn't engineered the box to cope beyond what current engines are offering torque wise don't you think.
It's true as long as they don't exchange some parts of the gearbox to more durable and more expense material for the S/RS models. Large companies have a tendency of not using more costly materials than whats needed to save dollar... But I hope you are right!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's supposed to be a cradle for the iPhone, but I've not seen it unfortunately.

Regarding more power, I thought the 3.0 tdi shouldn't be taken above about 290ps because of the turbo. Most companies will replace it for a better one for 300+ ps. The car does need the power though, I had an a7 a couple of weeks ago for a week as a loan car, and it felt seriously underpowered . But then I have a 4.2tdi MTM remapped d4 with about 400ps and 900nm or torque normally. I also struggled to get the a7 to get above 50mpg (UK), which I can easily do with the heavier car. I gues in my mind it proves that remap does give you better economy if you drive carefully.

The downside of the remap is that Audi have engine updates , and the latest method by which they deploy them is basically by wiping what's on the ecu's. This puts the car back to standard. I know this because MTM had to redo my a8 and because the software version on the ecu's had been upgraded, they had to basically remap from scratch - which meant I had to pay again ! So be careful and ask these questions of the remapping company. I have seen that B&B have figures on remaps for the A7, but I've not used them.

Good luck !

Jet

P.S the sports differential is such good fun if you have ordered it.

Last edited by jetinder; 05-02-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Chip tuning A7 3.0 TDI, rSAP