A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Close rear hatch with remote

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevial
Stevial: I tried the following to activate the Close/Open Windows with the Advance Key and it didn't work:
[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Byte 3
Check the box for "Comfort Operation: Remote Control active"
Exit
[Do It!]
I have a Prestige with Advanced Key, could this be why it didn't work for me or did I use the wrong coding?

...Does the Close/Open function also add the ability to close the trunk with the key?

Thank you for your help.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://youtu.be/KIi0ABmCm2U

http://youtu.be/HjlXzM5EJ2Q

Jfourman,
These 2 videos should help you check your coding, remember this for a prestige model A7 with Advance key for keyless entry so the button on the doors should close the windows if the windows are open

THe remote key will close the hatch when programed properly, see videos.

The 2nd Video will help you check your coding, because they can be key Specific and the comfort opening and closing functions needs to be turned in adaptations also.

Also make sure you save your original coding in case you have a slip of the finger.

Last edited by Stevial; 04-17-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Close/Open Windows Worked, Trunk Close Did Not

Stevial: Thank you so much for posting these videos. A picture (video) is worth a thousand words.

The Open/Close Windows worked perfectly; but the Trunk Close with Advanced Key did not.

Like you, I have a Prestige with Advanced Key. I followed the steps in the video exactly:
  1. Installed 2 Tab
  2. 6D - Trunk Elect.
  3. Security Access 16 - Enter "12345" - Do It! - Security Access Accepted!
  4. Adaptation 10
  5. Channel - "(3)-Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key-Touch function for closing" - confirmed Stored Value is "active"
  6. Go Back, Close, Go Back, Exit.

I can open the truck from my Advanced Key. I can stop the open with a key press; but a long press just resumes the open. I cannot get the long press to close.

Should I be using a different security code ...the one I generated for Video in Motion?

Is there an additional setting in the MMI to make the trunk function work?

Thank you for your help.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jfourman
Stevial: Thank you so much for posting these videos. A picture (video) is worth a thousand words.

The Open/Close Windows worked perfectly; but the Trunk Close with Advanced Key did not.

Like you, I have a Prestige with Advanced Key. I followed the steps in the video exactly:
  1. Installed 2 Tab
  2. 6D - Trunk Elect.
  3. Security Access 16 - Enter "12345" - Do It! - Security Access Accepted!
  4. Adaptation 10
  5. Channel - "(3)-Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key-Touch function for closing" - confirmed Stored Value is "active"
  6. Go Back, Close, Go Back, Exit.

I can open the truck from my Advanced Key. I can stop the open with a key press; but a long press just resumes the open. I cannot get the long press to close.

Should I be using a different security code ...the one I generated for Video in Motion?

Is there an additional setting in the MMI to make the trunk function work?

Thank you for your help.

Its not a long press just a tap to close the trunk with the remote.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Stevial:

I am feeling like a pest now...

I Long Press to cause the truck to open.
I tap to stop the open.
Tapping again only resumes the open.
If I let it open all the way and Tap, it only flashes the tail lights.

If you would, look below at the steps I took again and compare them with your own. Could the Security Code be different for me? I understand that the security code is generated using the serial number of your car. The security code I used for Video in Motion was different than the one in your video.

Thank you again for your help.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jfourman
Stevial:

I am feeling like a pest now...

I Long Press to cause the truck to open.
I tap to stop the open.
Tapping again only resumes the open.
If I let it open all the way and Tap, it only flashes the tail lights.

If you would, look below at the steps I took again and compare them with your own. Could the Security Code be different for me? I understand that the security code is generated using the serial number of your car. The security code I used for Video in Motion was different than the one in your video.

Thank you again for your help.

Interesting, I will have to check again to make sure, actually, i wil make it easy for, if you can see my long coding in the video, just use that, for now. i will send you a PM. We can go over in dept this afternoon when i am looking at the car again
Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting, I will have to check again to make sure, actually, i wil make it easy for, if you can see my long coding in the video, just use that, for now. i will send you a PM. We can go over in dept this afternoon when i am looking at the car again
My long coding isnt visible in video, read my PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

http://youtu.be/KIi0ABmCm2U

http://youtu.be/HjlXzM5EJ2Q

Jfourman,
These 2 videos should help you check your coding, remember this for a prestige model A7 with Advance key for keyless entry so the button on the doors should close the windows if the windows are open

THe remote key will close the hatch when programed properly, see videos.

The 2nd Video will help you check your coding, because they can be key Specific and the comfort opening and closing functions needs to be turned in adaptations also.

Also make sure you save your original coding in case you have a slip of the finger.
Huge props to Stevial!

The instructions in his video for activating the Advanced Key Window-Sun Roof Open/Close function are perfect.

The portion of the video for the Advanced Key Trunk Close function had a hitch (pun intended). Stevial was most gracious in offering to troubleshoot the problem with me. We found the issue in a few minutes...

To make the Advanced Key Trunk Close function work, follow Stevial's instruction in the video. In addition:
  1. Select "(4)-Activation using rear lid opening function in remote key-Tap function for closing".
  2. Store value will be "not active"
  3. Select "active" in the New value drop down
  4. Go Back, Close, Go Back, Exit.
  5. Enjoy closing the trunk with your Advanced Key.

Thank you Stevial!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

I missed a step...After you make the function "active", you need to press "Do it!"
Old 09-23-2012, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

for hatch closing for PP different? if so, anyone know the codes??

thanks

Quick Reply: Close rear hatch with remote