A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Conversion cost of an A7 to an Arc is.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I felt bad for what happened to the OP, it looks like he knows how to take care of business when things go wrong, just like Lehman Brothers decided to get rid of all the toxic assets (trying to save themselves) that triggered the worst financial crisis in 70 years, I do not wish him anything bad, hopefully he will be able to fix his car and keeps it, but if that is not the case and it goes into the market, how about sharing the VIN number of the car here so we can permanently avoid it
Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Pardo
Business "owners" can posture all they want about morality and emotion being part of a business decision - but when the lug nuts come off the bus, they hire people like me to clean up the mess they've created.
Not a very good long range model to stay in business if customers do not come first, and are treated fairly. And emotion and morals are 2 very separate ideals. You can be moral while taking emotions out of the decision making process. I smell a company or vendor that does not want to treat me fairly, I run away.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Rick,

If Rick is going to post his pathetic adventures in front of God and everyone, then he should expect to get flamed.

The facts at this point are that Rick is not going to disclose his car was damaged. In fact his whole plan seems to be to not be the last one, to turn out the lights.

I wonder if Rick considers that the reason why he's in the predicament he's in, is how he lives. I doubt it. Karma is for sissies and all those people that Rick has trampled over on the way to the Audi dealership. In Rick's mind, it's all about the money. At work, in life, wherever he goes. Do whatever it takes to stay in the chips, to stay on the party list. Rick would run someone over, if it meant being late to sign the lease for the summer house in the Hampton's.

The biblical reference in Rick's post is an insight to him, very apropos and a double entendre.

It's why you can find more honesty in the basement of a church at an A.A. meeting, then you can upstairs in the Pews.

And why when it does come time for Rick to walk through the Pearly Gates, ostensibly with suit cases stuffed full of cash, they'll be a problem.

Eh, the Angels will have tablets and they'll have Rick's post up. One of the downsides, you know, of the Internet. Of course Rick thinks he's beat the game once again, by using an alias. Because after all, what schlep would post such a selfish tale using his real name? Back to the biblical reference. It's odd that Rick thinks he can fool God. Well, not really. Gecko thought he could, "I got more money than God". Rick thinks he's pulling yet another fast one, but the Angels -- the custodians of Karma records -- are way ahead. "Sorry Rick. We read the post, you're out".

But I do have to thank Rick for pointing out to me once again, how not to live. Rick reminds me that this forum is not about Audi enthusiasts, car guys, or humility. No, it's about rich jerks like Rick, who need a place to look good and make others look bad. It's his racket.

The real laugher is the guy who posted if he should buy a Ferrari or an Audi. Oh man. Let me get this straight. The guy is loaded, has f you money. Or at least that's what he wants the world to believe. So he asks complete strangers, some of whom could be posting from prison, for advice on what kind of car to buy? Say what? The guy has no friends? No one he trusts for advice?

Maybe not. Maybe what they say is true, "It's lonely at the top". Or as Rick has clearly proven, misery loves company.

And on that note, I'm outta here. While there's a few car guys here, real Audi enthusiasts, the noise from folks like Rick outweighs any benefits here.

Drive safe.

Last edited by Gangee; 05-06-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

At the same time, long, rambling diatribes sprinkled with religious overtones and references don't really have a place here either. Nor do full on, personal attacks derived from an assumption of someone's real character based on a couple of posts. If you feel this one thread outweighs any benefit from those of us who try to regularly contribute by asking questions, sharing Audi info and helping other forum members, then so be it. 'Bye - we'll catch the lights for you.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You're exactly right.

I'm just as bad as Rick. Bill Maher has a great quote about this topic:
“That's what's so great about the Internet. It allows pompous blow-hards to connect with other pompous blow-hards in a vast circle-jerk of pomposity.”

And I've griped about this before, albeit in a more mild tone. I had left this place for months. So, I'm insane. Because, I keep repeating the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

end of rant.

Originally Posted by snagitseven
At the same time, long, rambling diatribes sprinkled with religious overtones and references don't really have a place here either. Nor do full on, personal attacks derived from an assumption of someone's real character based on a couple of posts. If you feel this one thread outweighs any benefit from those of us who try to regularly contribute by asking questions, sharing Audi info and helping other forum members, then so be it. 'Bye - we'll catch the lights for you.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gangee
Rick,

If Rick is going to post his pathetic adventures in front of God and everyone, then he should expect to get flamed.

The facts at this point are that Rick is not going to disclose his car was damaged. In fact his whole plan seems to be to not be the last one, to turn out the lights.

I wonder if Rick considers that the reason why he's in the predicament he's in, is how he lives. I doubt it. Karma is for sissies and all those people that Rick has trampled over on the way to the Audi dealership. In Rick's mind, it's all about the money. At work, in life, wherever he goes. Do whatever it takes to stay in the chips, to stay on the party list. Rick would run someone over, if it meant being late to sign the lease for the summer house in the Hampton's.

The biblical reference in Rick's post is an insight to him, very apropos and a double entendre.

It's why you can find more honesty in the basement of a church at an A.A. meeting, then you can upstairs in the Pews.

And why when it does come time for Rick to walk through the Pearly Gates, ostensibly with suit cases stuffed full of cash, they'll be a problem.

Eh, the Angels will have tablets and they'll have Rick's post up. One of the downsides, you know, of the Internet. Of course Rick thinks he's beat the game once again, by using an alias. Because after all, what schlep would post such a selfish tale using his real name? Back to the biblical reference. It's odd that Rick thinks he can fool God. Well, not really. Gecko thought he could, "I got more money than God". Rick thinks he's pulling yet another fast one, but the Angels -- the custodians of Karma records -- are way ahead. "Sorry Rick. We read the post, you're out".

But I do have to thank Rick for pointing out to me once again, how not to live. Rick reminds me that this forum is not about Audi enthusiasts, car guys, or humility. No, it's about rich jerks like Rick, who need a place to look good and make others look bad. It's his racket.

The real laugher is the guy who posted if he should buy a Ferrari or an Audi. Oh man. Let me get this straight. The guy is loaded, has f you money. Or at least that's what he wants the world to believe. So he asks complete strangers, some of whom could be posting from prison, for advice on what kind of car to buy? Say what? The guy has no friends? No one he trusts for advice?

Maybe not. Maybe what they say is true, "It's lonely at the top". Or as Rick has clearly proven, misery loves company.

And on that note, I'm outta here. While there's a few car guys here, real Audi enthusiasts, the noise from folks like Rick outweighs any benefits here.

Drive safe.

What a bunch of sanctimonious, bible thumping load of hot steaming ca ca.

I've decided to keep the car unless the insurer wants to total it.

You don't know me and I believe your comments to be libelous and out of line. KMA in Macy's window.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Thanks snagitseven, I couldn't have said it better if I tried. I was a poor kid from the Bronx, who did well in school, got a bunch of hard earned degrees and certifications and "learned by failing", and having people along the way that believed in me.

My decisions in business were customer/vendor/employee/Banker oriented which often put me at odds with the CEO or Board until I made the case as to who exactly, helped me keep the enterprise from cratering.

It's true I became successful doing this, made some good investments along the way and was able to retire at 64.

How my family spends it is our business. And by the way, my "dream aspirational" ride isn't a Ferrari, its a Rapide S.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Gangee
You're exactly right.

I'm just as bad as Rick.
Actually, no, you were not as bad as Rick. You were worse. While his views may have been disagreeable to you and some others (I too was not sure where he was going) and I'm sure he doesn't need anyone to defend him, he didn't personally attack you or anyone else nor did he vary very far from his original Audi thread re his A7. You, on the other hand, did attack him (vociferously) and there was almost nothing in your diatribe that resembled anything close to the original discussion about his Audi situation, just a bunch of religious gobbledygook pointing to his "evilness" of character. Not exactly good quality Audi World forum discussion material, in my opinion.

So, since now, I too, find myself wandering away from the AW forum's intent, I'm closing out on this one.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Update

Originally Posted by Rick Pardo
$32k, and now, the rest of the story:

I'm on way home yesterday from my office to home, a distance of 4+ miles door to door. I'd heard the rain coming down like crazy starting about an hour prior to leaving. I had no idea how much of an adventure one ride could be.

We had 10+ inches of rain, and several tornadoes in 5 hours. I made it nearly all the way home, only to have the car die 300+ ft from my garage. In 40 years of commuting by car in the NYC area, I'd never seen anything like this.

Called Audi roadside assistance and was on the phone 40 minutes with them outside my neighbor's house, only to find out that they were only dispatching to "legitimate" Police 911 requests where safety was an issue. There were bigger fish to fry as the Hospital up the street was evacuating their 1st floor since the pumping system couldn't keep up with the water volume.

Called my dealer in WPB, he called his tow guy. Because of the volume of stranded vehicles, a flatbed didn't get to me until 7:30 that evening, about 5 hours after being stranded. By that time, I'd waded through knee deep high water to get to my house to change and take a valium. I had visions of the water getting into the cabin and/or destroying the electrical system which was still operating, when the engine died.

Anyway, heard from my guys at Braman at 8:30 this morning, car in shop and water had gotten into the air filter (I knew I was screwed at that point)- "We'll call you after we change all the filters, plugs, oil, coolant, etc and start it up".

Four hours later the verdict came down, the restart was an abject failure - You need a new engine and the price, including labor, will be $32,000++ - "Call your insurer".

Called Met Auto & Home. Great guy, he'd been to Delray in '05 for Wilma so knew the area well. Besides, his first call of the day came from a radiologist at the Hospital, whose car was ruined. Adjuster to be called, contact info exchanged, between Dealer/Insurer etc.

Call Chris Feltner back at Braman to give him Insurer info and claim #. He says 'Rick...there's a brand new R8 V10 that was just brought in with the same problem - whaddya think that will cost?"

Any way, engine's in the Fatherland and other needed parts in NJ. Hopes to get it back to me at the end of the month...to which I ask...."What Month"?
Dealer and Insurer called a few minutes ago; the claim's been approved and a new engine will be ordered and installed within this month. For the record, it was the dealer that suggested my potential "fallbacks", not me. I was just happy to get out of the car safely, and maintain electrical functionality and not have the cabin flooded so as to mitigate any further damage.

If I'm guilty of anything, it's full disclosure to my fellow AudiWorld brethren, something I've done on the A4, 5, 6 and 7 forums for 14 years. I'm also guilty of caring a lot about my rides, whether it was a 10 year old beater I drove in college, or now a $70 ride. They're all the same to me. I care about them, they were and are reflective of where I was or am, in different life stages.

If you don't want to read my postings, that's ok too. I try to share, be informative and/or humorous.

So, in the words of the late Rodney King, "Can't we all get along"?