A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Crinkle in A7 seat leather?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crinkle in A7 seat leather?

Was just wondering if any of you have noticed the same on any of your A7 seats.

On my passenger seat. Car is about 3 months old now, and crinkling has been there as long as I have had it.

Not had it on any of my previous cars with leather seats. Is this a pretty standard occurrence? Could it be the type of leather used?
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2012, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's luck of the draw. One side of my old Acura was like that too from day 1. Fortunately, it sort of stayed like that until I sold it 4 years later.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My seats are still tight - 4 months and 7K miles later... A good upholsterer can fix that for less than a $100.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cassiusonline
Was just wondering if any of you have noticed the same on any of your A7 seats.

On my passenger seat. Car is about 3 months old now, and crinkling has been there as long as I have had it.

Not had it on any of my previous cars with leather seats. Is this a pretty standard occurrence? Could it be the type of leather used?
Mine are like that too same color, wrinkles on both passenger and driver side
Old 01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Cassius
Do you have the velvet beige or the nougat brown? Just making sure. I can't decide between those colors and your experience might tip the scales for me.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

sa1bah3,
Its Nougat brown (with Ash wood trim). My exterior color is Quartz Grey Metallic and i personally think the combination is excellent.
Everyone who has ridden in my A7 so far has complimented the Nougat color.
The velvet beige may be tougher to keep clean IMHO, but it all depends on your taste...

Originally Posted by sa1bah3
Cassius
Do you have the velvet beige or the nougat brown? Just making sure. I can't decide between those colors and your experience might tip the scales for me.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We have similar tastes. I was thinking of the Dakota grey and either the nougat brown or the beige with ash wood trim as well. I hope that the crease you have is not more prominent with the nougat but more of an isolated case (unfortunately). Hpe you can find a "fix" for your seat. Love the color combination you've put together, btw.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sa1bah3
We have similar tastes. I was thinking of the Dakota grey and either the nougat brown or the beige with ash wood trim as well. I hope that the crease you have is not more prominent with the nougat but more of an isolated case (unfortunately). Hpe you can find a "fix" for your seat. Love the color combination you've put together, btw.
Coming from my recent car having beige leather, I would say the crinkle is more noticeable on the darker nougat color. However, it sounds to me like mine is a pretty isolated case and - if it's the worst problem I have with the A7 - I will be happy about that

Let me know if you need any more info!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cassiusonline
Coming from my recent car having beige leather, I would say the crinkle is more noticeable on the darker nougat color. However, it sounds to me like mine is a pretty isolated case and - if it's the worst problem I have with the A7 - I will be happy about that

Let me know if you need any more info!
I have nougat and I notice some crinkling. A friend of mine brought his A7 up from the Bay Area last weekend and it had black leather with a bit of crinkling too.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have noticed the same on my A7 that is 3 months old both driver and passenger seat and it happens on the door side (left on driver and right on passenger). I believe that's due to the shape of seat and the fact that that part gets all the body weight when you get into the car.