A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Eibach Pro Kit Springs Nervous Ride?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Pro Kit Springs Nervous Ride?

Hey all,

Last week I had the Eibach Pro Kit springs installed and while my body roll has definitely improved, I'm a bit surprised at how jumpy the A7 now feels compared to the stock springs, especially on small road imperfections. It's a rapid side to side jostling that I now notice, not wallow or rebound, just this side to side nervous jostling.

Most forum members who have installed the Eibach's said they felt a 5-10% decrease in ride quality from the stock springs, I feel like mine is more like 25-30%. The car was just in for the Stasis flash and I had the dealership check the springs and suspension settings and they said everything was to spec.

Any idea if the jumpiness I'm experiencing will diminish somewhat over time and miles once the springs settle in a bit? Granted the springs only have about 100 miles on them at the moment. If the ride were to stay this way then I'd consider reinstalling the stock springs and installing an aftermarket (Stasis?) sway bar to reduce my initial issue which was body roll, ride quality was always excellent IMO on the stock springs with the exception of the pronounced body roll.

Thoughts?
Old 05-19-2013, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Hey all,

Last week I had the Eibach Pro Kit springs installed and while my body roll has definitely improved, I'm a bit surprised at how jumpy the A7 now feels compared to the stock springs, especially on small road imperfections. It's a rapid side to side jostling that I now notice, not wallow or rebound, just this side to side nervous jostling.

Most forum members who have installed the Eibach's said they felt a 5-10% decrease in ride quality from the stock springs, I feel like mine is more like 25-30%. The car was just in for the Stasis flash and I had the dealership check the springs and suspension settings and they said everything was to spec.

Any idea if the jumpiness I'm experiencing will diminish somewhat over time and miles once the springs settle in a bit? Granted the springs only have about 100 miles on them at the moment. If the ride were to stay this way then I'd consider reinstalling the stock springs and installing an aftermarket (Stasis?) sway bar to reduce my initial issue which was body roll, ride quality was always excellent IMO on the stock springs with the exception of the pronounced body roll.

Thoughts?
I also have the Eibach pro kit, nothing nervous about the the ride, everything is tightened up without being harsh in anyway. I've had them on for a few months and put about 2000 miles on them..haven't noticed a change in the ride since install and to be honest if I didn't know they were aftermarket I wouldn't think they were anything other than stock, the ride is that smooth.

Looks.. for me it's perfect, I didn't want the "dumped" look.
It looks stock with a little more purpose. In my opinion, the way Audi should have set the stance.

For what I was looking for they're perfect.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think it lowers and feels different depends on the shock absorbers(sport suspension vs non-sport suspension).
It seems to me one that have sport suspension on, it drops less and feels less harsh.
While mine's got non-sport, it drops more than I expected it to be and it actually bouncier than OEM springs now.
High speed stability is far better than before however, I haven't drove sport suspension so I can't compare.
Body roll is significantly reduced and now I could feel more of transition from understeer to oversteer while cornering.
I think either Eibach or H&R springs would match better on sport suspension than non-sport suspension shock absorbers.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dreamerstudio
I think it lowers and feels different depends on the shock absorbers(sport suspension vs non-sport suspension).
It seems to me one that have sport suspension on, it drops less and feels less harsh.
While mine's got non-sport, it drops more than I expected it to be and it actually bouncier than OEM springs now.
High speed stability is far better than before however, I haven't drove sport suspension so I can't compare.
Body roll is significantly reduced and now I could feel more of transition from understeer to oversteer while cornering.
I think either Eibach or H&R springs would match better on sport suspension than non-sport suspension shock absorbers.
This is my experience exactly. Bouncier at low speeds but feels great at high speeds, body roll reduced significantly as well. The drop was more than I had expected as well.

How long have you had your Eibach's in, how many miles on them? I was kinda hoping the bounciness would dissipate with some miles.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A u d i A5
I also have the Eibach pro kit, nothing nervous about the the ride, everything is tightened up without being harsh in anyway. I've had them on for a few months and put about 2000 miles on them..haven't noticed a change in the ride since install and to be honest if I didn't know they were aftermarket I wouldn't think they were anything other than stock, the ride is that smooth.

Looks.. for me it's perfect, I didn't want the "dumped" look.
It looks stock with a little more purpose. In my opinion, the way Audi should have set the stance.

For what I was looking for they're perfect.
AudiA5,

You running those Eibach's with sport or non-sport shock absorbers?
Old 05-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is my experience exactly. Bouncier at low speeds but feels great at high speeds, body roll reduced significantly as well. The drop was more than I had expected as well.

How long have you had your Eibach's in, how many miles on them? I was kinda hoping the bounciness would dissipate with some miles.
I've only driven about ~500 miles.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

AudiA5,

You running those Eibach's with sport or non-sport shock absorbers?
I'm on sport. I would have to agree that the non-sport shocks would give you a more unsettled feel.

Yours does look a little lower than mine too.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dreamerstudio
Do you find the extra bounciness to be a distraction or to deter from ride quality significantly enough to be troublesome?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

those running eibach on non sport suspension were you able to get in aligned with in factory specs?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

No, but my service tech said very close.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro Kit Springs Nervous Ride?