A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Eibach springs and spacer question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach springs and spacer question

Hello fellow members.

So steelblue7's pics of his car lowered on Eibachs have convinced me to want to order the springs.

After going through all the lowering threads on the board, I'm still not exactly sure what is the max spacers I can put for the front and for the rear.

I will be talking to my guy at the shop on Monday as well but I wanted to get your knowledge as well so I make sure I don't have any rubbing issues.

I have the sport 20" wheels. Without lowering, it seems like 12mm in the front and 15mm in the back is no problem as mentioned by members previously. Will this still be ok with lowering on Eibachs?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QuartzA7
Hello fellow members.

So steelblue7's pics of his car lowered on Eibachs have convinced me to want to order the springs.

After going through all the lowering threads on the board, I'm still not exactly sure what is the max spacers I can put for the front and for the rear.

I will be talking to my guy at the shop on Monday as well but I wanted to get your knowledge as well so I make sure I don't have any rubbing issues.

I have the sport 20" wheels. Without lowering, it seems like 12mm in the front and 15mm in the back is no problem as mentioned by members previously. Will this still be ok with lowering on Eibachs?

Thanks in advance!
It is funny I am in the exactly same boat, I ordered the eibach springs (they are out of stock by the way) so the guy at the shop measured the wheel to the fender, I have the OEM 20s, if you look closer you will see there is a bigger gap in the fronts than in the rears, so it looks weird to me that people are using bigger spacers in the back than in the front, the space in the front is a little over 20mms, but in the rear is barely 20mms, he said 20mms in the front and 15mms in the rear will be ok, but we will wait for the car to be lowered in order to measure perfectly, by the way I asked him if I should get the H&R spacers at about 130 dlls per axle and he said "it is just a piece of metal" so I will be looking for a cheaper option, any ideas?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have 20" 5 X 112 ET 40 wheels with 15mm spacers.
Attached Images   
Old 10-12-2012, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
so I will be looking for a cheaper option, any ideas?
Ebay has them for $40 a pair.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

15mm front and back with no rubbing issues?

Originally Posted by steelblue7
I have 20" 5 X 112 ET 40 wheels with 15mm spacers.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting. I will be driving it in on Monday if I get some time to just check it out as well to be safe I guess.

Did your shop tell you how long the wait is?

Originally Posted by feralc
It is funny I am in the exactly same boat, I ordered the eibach springs (they are out of stock by the way) so the guy at the shop measured the wheel to the fender, I have the OEM 20s, if you look closer you will see there is a bigger gap in the fronts than in the rears, so it looks weird to me that people are using bigger spacers in the back than in the front, the space in the front is a little over 20mms, but in the rear is barely 20mms, he said 20mms in the front and 15mms in the rear will be ok, but we will wait for the car to be lowered in order to measure perfectly, by the way I asked him if I should get the H&R spacers at about 130 dlls per axle and he said "it is just a piece of metal" so I will be looking for a cheaper option, any ideas?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

15mm front and back with no rubbing issues?
All the way around, no issues at all. I frequently have a couple hundred pounds of cargo for my job as well, not one rub or scrape. I think the Eibachs are the perfect height, aggressive, but not low-rideresque IMO.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Banned

Interesting. I will be driving it in on Monday if I get some time to just check it out as well to be safe I guess.

Did your shop tell you how long the wait is?
End of Oct beginning of November, I think 15 mms all around is the way to go, but wider in the rears when the fronts space is wider doesnt make sense to me, also if the car has the rear axle a little wider than the front on purpose doing 15 all around will keep the same proportions.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Ebay has them for $40 a pair.
Which ones?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

not sure if this helps you guys but i have a c7 a6 w/ oem a7 20s and im running 15mm spacers front and rear on coil overs. Fronts are perfect but my rears rub. I know the a7 wells are wider so 15mm would work, and i think the same issue is for us too being the front has more room than the rear. I thought about keeping the front 15mm and getting a 10mm for the rears but i wasnt sure if it would affect the car

Quick Reply: Eibach springs and spacer question