A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Eibach springs and spacer question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlblineStar
not sure if this helps you guys but i have a c7 a6 w/ oem a7 20s and im running 15mm spacers front and rear on coil overs. Fronts are perfect but my rears rub. I know the a7 wells are wider so 15mm would work, and i think the same issue is for us too being the front has more room than the rear. I thought about keeping the front 15mm and getting a 10mm for the rears but i wasnt sure if it would affect the car
Exactly!! I do not know if making the front axle wider in proportion than the rear will affect, better to get an all-around spacer to keep the same proportions.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Which ones?
Search Ebay using "Audi spacer 15mm".
Sort the result by the lowest price and shipping.
Look for the 5x112 bolt diameter.
Look for the 66.6 inner hub size.

There's a couple of metal ones for around $40/pair total shipped. They were four or five down from the top.

Replace the 15 with the size of your choice. You'll probably need longer lug bolts too.

edit: while checking my work, I noticed that there are spacers and longer bolts further down.

Last edited by tenspeed; 10-13-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Search Ebay using "Audi spacer 15mm".
Sort the result by the lowest price and shipping.
Look for the 5x112 bolt diameter.
Look for the 66.6 inner hub size.

There's a couple of metal ones for around $40/pair total shipped. They were four or five down from the top.

Replace the 15 with the size of your choice. You'll probably need longer lug bolts too.

edit: while checking my work, I noticed that there are spacers and longer bolts further down.
Thank you I found them, the ones with bolts are around 100 dlls, I searched for Audi 17 spacer 15mm to narrow it down, because the other search gave me some other models, but if the spacer is 15mm, 66.5 and 14x1.5 should be exactly the same.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this is correct. steelblue7 has hartmanns (offset 40 if I remember correctly from another thread). 15mm all around puts it to 25?

The stock 20's have an offset 37 (again from reading in another thread) so that's why the 12mm would do to bring it to 25 as well? Or this is completely inaccurate.

Sorry guys, I'm not so sure how it all works hence asking you guys with more knowledge.

End of Oct beginning of November, I think 15 mms all around is the way to go, but wider in the rears when the fronts space is wider doesnt make sense to me, also if the car has the rear axle a little wider than the front on purpose doing 15 all around will keep the same proportions.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by QuartzA7
Not sure if this is correct. steelblue7 has hartmanns (offset 40 if I remember correctly from another thread). 15mm all around puts it to 25?

The stock 20's have an offset 37 (again from reading in another thread) so that's why the 12mm would do to bring it to 25 as well? Or this is completely inaccurate.

Sorry guys, I'm not so sure how it all works hence asking you guys with more knowledge.
I just meant that making the front axle wider than the rear (in proportion) just because you can fit a bigger spacer might not be good for the car, this is just my common sense talking I have none experience about spacers.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's a good site for comparing tire sizes, offsets, clearance, revolutions per mile, etc.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
Old 10-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks tenspeed!

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Here's a good site for comparing tire sizes, offsets, clearance, revolutions per mile, etc.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
Old 10-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I went to my shop and got things measured. With the stock 20's that I'm on, the most would be 12mm in the front and 15mm in the back.

I went ahead and ordered the Eibach, spacers and lugs. Now the worst part, the wait before installation.

Thanks again for the help and input! Will update with pics whenever that will be.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by QuartzA7
So I went to my shop and got things measured. With the stock 20's that I'm on, the most would be 12mm in the front and 15mm in the back.

I went ahead and ordered the Eibach, spacers and lugs. Now the worst part, the wait before installation.

Thanks again for the help and input! Will update with pics whenever that will be.
You do not have the stocks 20s do you?, what are those in the picture? you didnt see the front gap bigger than the rear's???, also did you ask the shop if modifying one axle more than the other one has any adverse effect??
Old 10-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yup, mine are the stock 20's that came with the car. I think the Cananda S-line and US S-line gets different type of wheels?

When he measured, 15mm in the front would have the tires sticking out pass the fenders. I didn't get to ask him regarding the axle question, as I wasn't too concerned with that. If it did have adverse effects, he would of told me as he has done quite a number of S5's and other Euro cars.

You do not have the stocks 20s do you?, what are those in the picture? you didnt see the front gap bigger than the rear's???, also did you ask the shop if modifying one axle more than the other one has any adverse effect??

Quick Reply: Eibach springs and spacer question