A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Fifth Gear Review Audi A7

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to it! I'm actually in the market for a Q5 and there are tons of members over there trying to get a glimpse of moonlight.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

FINALLY got a good shot that highlights the color well. If my wife were home yesterday, I would have taken it next to her Brilliant Black Q5 to really show the difference.
Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by palmxp3
Hey Sherold, were you able to get any pictures in the sun? Would appreciate if you could share with us since there aren't many moonlight examples around. To me, this video looks more like oolong grey. But if it truely is moonlight, I gotta admit that it looks pretty amazing.
You know, after rewatching the video, it really is hard to tell exactly what color they are showing there. The sunny pics of Moonlight Blue definitely has the blue popping out. In the video, it is much more subtle. It may be the Oolong Gray. My first guess would have been Dakota Gray Pearl, but that isn't offered with beige interior.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusluver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE7JYBGxt0U

anyone know what color this is? Looks dark navy blue...
I'm pretty sure it's Oolong gray (which I have on my A7). They were messing with the color balance of the video at the beginning and it looked more blue. But when it's natural light outside you can tell it's Oolong.

BTW, I saw Midnight Blue in person -- it's also a really nice color, too. In the end I went with Oolong because I found one at a local dealer with exactly the options I like...
Old 06-04-2011, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sherold
FINALLY got a good shot that highlights the color well. If my wife were home yesterday, I would have taken it next to her Brilliant Black Q5 to really show the difference.
Thanks Sherold, we put in an order today for a Moonlight Q5. Your car looks beautiful btw, A7s definitely look better in the flesh. Pictures do not do it justice.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Sherold, beautiful, beautiful car, seriously! Is there ANY way I can beg you to do those comparison shots with your wife's Q5?

I have a Brilliant Black Q5 2012 on order, due in on July 11th and I'm seriously considering canceling it and waiting another six long weeks to go with the Moonlight Blue color. I'm just not sure I have another black vehicle in me.

I would be so grateful if I could see the comparison, as I've got to make a decision very soon.

Thanks very much, again gorgeous A7!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

great car...too country club in the end for me. maybe when i am 40.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Thanks Sherold, beautiful, beautiful car, seriously! Is there ANY way I can beg you to do those comparison shots with your wife's Q5?

I have a Brilliant Black Q5 2012 on order, due in on July 11th and I'm seriously considering canceling it and waiting another six long weeks to go with the Moonlight Blue color. I'm just not sure I have another black vehicle in me.

I would be so grateful if I could see the comparison, as I've got to make a decision very soon.

Thanks very much, again gorgeous A7!
I'd happily do it, but my car is at the vet. Found out the hard way on a 100* day that there is a freon leak and the A/C was just blowing hot air on me. I should have it back Monday evening, so earliest I can get photos is Tuesday. :-/
Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, so sorry to hear about the leak, good luck with that. Tuesday or any day soon would be great as I'm kinda stuck until I can get some sort of comparison. You could just be my savior!
Thanks again for considering it.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd happily do it, but my car is at the vet. Found out the hard way on a 100* day that there is a freon leak and the A/C was just blowing hot air on me. I should have it back Monday evening, so earliest I can get photos is Tuesday. :-/
Is this considered the first AC problem associated with the A7 on the internet??