A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Finally some true Dyno numbers at the wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ray101381
so here are both the baseline and stasis tune overlaid on top of each other, the peak numbers are great with the horsepower but don't show the entire story with the torque, the area under the curve is significantly better with the stasis tune, and although peak torque didn't gain a ton, at every point under the curve there is anywhere from 30-100 ft lbs, the peak from the baseline run has a spike right at the beginning of the run so isn't completely accurate, but area under the curve is phenomenal

Baseline Avg whp = 271.41 whp
Stasis Tune = 344.94 whp
Delta = 73.53

Baseline Avg wtq = 324.86 wtq
Stasis Tune = 338.97 wtq
Delta = 14.11 wtq

So you got the 70hp delta you were looking, seems odd to me that your baseline stock in torque was too high vs all the other dynos I have seen (272tq and 296tq) you were getting Audis advertised torque numbers at the wheel!!! And the same torque I have with a tune!!!! , IF maybe this baseline number was too high you got exactly the right gains
Old 09-08-2013, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 A6 Track Times and HP Estimate

Its good to see numbers. I have a C7 A6 with Stasis tune and Injen intake. I actually went for test and tune at my local 1/4 mile track and I can tell you that nobody believed my car was a V6. I felt like I was cheating some people actually. They kept asking me what I had in the car after I walked them to the finish line. I have raced new Camaro SS, tuned G8, C5 Corvettes, 2006 Porsche 911, SRT8 in several models, all on the highway and have rolled past them pretty easy. I was really impressed when I walked passed the 911 and saw the look on his face. It was only at the track that day that I really felt the power of the Stasis tune because I had a start and stop to really compare it to and other cars that I should not be in the same league with. I have raced several high horsepower cars that my brother has had (11's and low 12's) so I'm not new to the race scene. I can tell you the hardest thing at the track was getting launch control figured out. I continually got better as the night went on, but still never got the full hang of it. Not my stye off the start I guess. Even though I didn't get it under control I was impressed with how the car ran. It was 83 out and I drove the car about 35 miles to get there and started right away on the track. Engine had no time to cool and my first run I really screwed up. Ran a 14 flat. My heart sunk. I knew I screwed the launch, but I didn't think I did that bad. I could not believe I put the money into this tune and it looked like, after the first run and maybe if I got the launch control right the next run, I would be in mid 13's. Crap, the pressure was on. 2nd run, holly crap, 13.40. Ok, now we are talking. I started to get the import car attention. People who had old and new M3's and M5's came up and were looking at my car. A guy with a 2007 M3 worked his way up the line to pair up next to me. I was thinking great, I will get beat but at least not that bad. We raced, I walked him and picked up my ticket, 13.01. The M3 rolled up next to me, a quick, "No SH#$T" and he moved on. Next up, 4th and final run. I figured stick with the launch control, I was getting better. A hard pounding S10 with slicks rolled up next to me. Ok, I know I am going to loose, but at least I will have motivation all the way down the track. GREEN baby GREEN! Screwed up the launch control again. He got the jump on my, but I was quickly catching up and then we stayed even. Rolled up to the ticket booth and was joking as I approached the ticket man! "Give me 12's, I don't care if its high 12's". He said, "you got it brother". I had a smile on my face the whole drive home. The reason for the long story is to put your mind to ease of anxiety that goes along with purchasing a tune. Its worth it! I wish I had testimonials like this before I got the tune. I did a lot of research before I did it. APR, Stasis, ETC. I decided with Stasis for the fact there was some sort of warranty there even though at the end of the day you know Audi and Stasis are going to **** on each others shoes over warranty claims. After I got the tune from Stasis I wasn't impressed and even upset that I made the decision. It didn't feel like the gains I really expected. The answer was the track, and some of the highway races, but the track made the difference for me. I love the Stasis tune, but wish they had a pulley upgrade. With the way my car ran I know it can handle it. The motor is amazing and has so much potential being force fed. Love the car, love the tune. Believe me, this is not a pro Stasis Ad, I am just trying to give feed back. If I had it all over to do again I probably would have even got the Stage 2 from APR so I could get the extra juice from the pulley. And by the way, I am going to hit the track one more time and forget about using launch control and just old school it. I am anticipating lower than 12.9 just by how the really dogged out of the whole with the control start. Any question let me know guys.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BBA6
Its good to see numbers. I have a C7 A6 with Stasis tune and Injen intake. I actually went for test and tune at my local 1/4 mile track and I can tell you that nobody believed my car was a V6. I felt like I was cheating some people actually. They kept asking me what I had in the car after I walked them to the finish line. I have raced new Camaro SS, tuned G8, C5 Corvettes, 2006 Porsche 911, SRT8 in several models, all on the highway and have rolled past them pretty easy. I was really impressed when I walked passed the 911 and saw the look on his face. It was only at the track that day that I really felt the power of the Stasis tune because I had a start and stop to really compare it to and other cars that I should not be in the same league with. I have raced several high horsepower cars that my brother has had (11's and low 12's) so I'm not new to the race scene. I can tell you the hardest thing at the track was getting launch control figured out. I continually got better as the night went on, but still never got the full hang of it. Not my stye off the start I guess. Even though I didn't get it under control I was impressed with how the car ran. It was 83 out and I drove the car about 35 miles to get there and started right away on the track. Engine had no time to cool and my first run I really screwed up. Ran a 14 flat. My heart sunk. I knew I screwed the launch, but I didn't think I did that bad. I could not believe I put the money into this tune and it looked like, after the first run and maybe if I got the launch control right the next run, I would be in mid 13's. Crap, the pressure was on. 2nd run, holly crap, 13.40. Ok, now we are talking. I started to get the import car attention. People who had old and new M3's and M5's came up and were looking at my car. A guy with a 2007 M3 worked his way up the line to pair up next to me. I was thinking great, I will get beat but at least not that bad. We raced, I walked him and picked up my ticket, 13.01. The M3 rolled up next to me, a quick, "No SH#$T" and he moved on. Next up, 4th and final run. I figured stick with the launch control, I was getting better. A hard pounding S10 with slicks rolled up next to me. Ok, I know I am going to loose, but at least I will have motivation all the way down the track. GREEN baby GREEN! Screwed up the launch control again. He got the jump on my, but I was quickly catching up and then we stayed even. Rolled up to the ticket booth and was joking as I approached the ticket man! "Give me 12's, I don't care if its high 12's". He said, "you got it brother". I had a smile on my face the whole drive home. The reason for the long story is to put your mind to ease of anxiety that goes along with purchasing a tune. Its worth it! I wish I had testimonials like this before I got the tune. I did a lot of research before I did it. APR, Stasis, ETC. I decided with Stasis for the fact there was some sort of warranty there even though at the end of the day you know Audi and Stasis are going to **** on each others shoes over warranty claims. After I got the tune from Stasis I wasn't impressed and even upset that I made the decision. It didn't feel like the gains I really expected. The answer was the track, and some of the highway races, but the track made the difference for me. I love the Stasis tune, but wish they had a pulley upgrade. With the way my car ran I know it can handle it. The motor is amazing and has so much potential being force fed. Love the car, love the tune. Believe me, this is not a pro Stasis Ad, I am just trying to give feed back. If I had it all over to do again I probably would have even got the Stage 2 from APR so I could get the extra juice from the pulley. And by the way, I am going to hit the track one more time and forget about using launch control and just old school it. I am anticipating lower than 12.9 just by how the really dogged out of the whole with the control start. Any question let me know guys.
Nice review, sjerseys4 did 12.4 in a stage 2
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2851471

Couple of questions
What do you mean with launch control? Do you have a Stronic gearbox (European) or you mean brake torque launch?
What's an S10?
Old 09-08-2013, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Nice review, sjerseys4 did 12.4 in a stage 2
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2851471

Couple of questions
What do you mean with launch control? Do you have a Stronic gearbox (European) or you mean brake torque launch?
What's an S10?
I'm sure he meant S10, as in the Chevy pickup.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A6 run

Yes, you are correct, brake torque launch. I do want to get the Stage 2, I wonder if sjerseys4 has had any issues with his motor though after doing it?
Old 09-08-2013, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

And, S10 pick up. I am new to the Forum. Trying to keep up with you guys
Old 09-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Banned

Yes, you are correct, brake torque launch. I do want to get the Stage 2, I wonder if sjerseys4 has had any issues with his motor though after doing it?
He did APR stage 2 I did GIAC Stage 2 no issues at all so far.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by feralc
He did APR stage 2 I did GIAC Stage 2 no issues at all so far.
Thats great news. How many miles you have on yours now?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Banned

Thats great news. How many miles you have on yours now?
I don't know honestly but to be fair I don't use my car for commuting, we took the highway yesterday for a wedding out of town and the car went to 140mph pretty quick before my wife start yelling at me and start giving me a lecture about responsibility blah blah blah.

Anyways the torque limit of our transmission is 480 ft-lbs (discussed here https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Zf+8hp) so no problem in that area.