A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Bluetooth and Audi A7

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 06:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Bluetooth and Audi A7

Just received my update to Jelly Bean for my Samsung Galaxy S3 from T-Mobile. ...

Now my bluetooth connection between my a7 and phone keeps dropping. Everything transfers fine, directory, calls, missed calls, etc... but when i go to make a phone call, it dials the number and then just drops.

The call still stays live on the phone, but the mmi doesnt even recognize any bluetooth device.

If i Manually unpair then re-pair, the phone through the car will work maybe once or twice, but it looses the connection again after that..

Anyone else having issues? My wifes s3 hasnt gotten the jelly bean update, and her phone works fine, like mine did before the update.

Thanks for any input.

Johnny
Old 11-18-2012, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a galaxy nexus (rooted) running jellybean. No issues to report here. Have you tried connecting bluetooth with other devices besides your Audi since the update?
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

The 4.2 upgrade has some serious BlueTooth issues, as users have discovered. Expect a service pack or patch release very soon.

Originally Posted by johnnyb
Just received my update to Jelly Bean for my Samsung Galaxy S3 from T-Mobile. ...

Now my bluetooth connection between my a7 and phone keeps dropping. Everything transfers fine, directory, calls, missed calls, etc... but when i go to make a phone call, it dials the number and then just drops.

The call still stays live on the phone, but the mmi doesnt even recognize any bluetooth device.

If i Manually unpair then re-pair, the phone through the car will work maybe once or twice, but it looses the connection again after that..

Anyone else having issues? My wifes s3 hasnt gotten the jelly bean update, and her phone works fine, like mine did before the update.

Thanks for any input.

Johnny
Old 11-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sccpmusc26
I have a galaxy nexus (rooted) running jellybean. No issues to report here. Have you tried connecting bluetooth with other devices besides your Audi since the update?

Unfortunately, I do not have anything to hook it up too. At least not right off the top of my head.

Johnny
Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
The 4.2 upgrade has some serious BlueTooth issues, as users have discovered. Expect a service pack or patch release very soon.
Yea, A I ventured into more Android Specific forums, this does seem to be the case..

Thanks

Johnny
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just an Update....

Had to reset my phone for other issues... Bluetooth now works fine with my Audi. Go figure! This just might be my first time ever a factory reset has corrected a phone issue... lol

Johnny
Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

The Android 4.2 patch I said to expect was actually pushed out a few days ago. Your device has obviously installed it and now things are working for you. No magic here

Originally Posted by johnnyb
Just an Update....

Had to reset my phone for other issues... Bluetooth now works fine with my Audi. Go figure! This just might be my first time ever a factory reset has corrected a phone issue... lol

Johnny