A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Glacier White or Phantom Black Pearl!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier White or Phantom Black Pearl!!!

I am finally about to join the wonderful world of A7 ownership (ordering next month) but have no idea whether to go with phantom black pearl or glacier white. Any ideas?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaalent
I am finally about to join the wonderful world of A7 ownership (ordering next month) but have no idea whether to go with phantom black pearl or glacier white. Any ideas?
The color of your car or your lady's hair is a VERY subjective thing. Nobody can advise you on that
Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fkaufman
The color of your car or your lady's hair is a VERY subjective thing. Nobody can advise you on that
^^^^LOL!

OP, my only suggestion is to see the cars in person with the colors you're choosing. I have a A4 Avant in Glacier White Metallic. It goes well with a Titanium package (gun metal colored wheel and gloss black grille, not chrome with grey). The Phantom Black pearl tends to look better with silver wheels and chrome trimming.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just ordered Phantom Black Pearl just because the name sounds so cool! Actually, I just think it brings the right attitude to the car. But it's definitely a preference thing. The lines on this car are so beautiful, it would even look good in Mary Kay Pink!!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neither color would be easy to keep clean. I have yet to own a black car, but I've had 2 white cars, and they are a pain in the butt. I love my silver and gray cars. I get to wash them at my leisure.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by xradman
Neither color would be easy to keep clean. I have yet to own a black car, but I've had 2 white cars, and they are a pain in the butt. I love my silver and gray cars. I get to wash them at my leisure.
I agree, both my havana black A7 and the sapphire black BWM Z4 are hard to keep clean. Both have microscratches in the paint after only a few months and I either wash them by hand or a reputable, soft cloth car wash. Have to get them detailed twice a year to get of the surface scratches.

My silver TT was easier to keep up. Also, the A7 looks phenomenal in silver, I think, whereby it is a boring color on other cars.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

The A7 looks great in all the colors. The white really shows the lines especially the prestige I think. The black just looks "hot & sporty" to me & I really liked it with the nougat. But I also think it's a very personal thing. I truly see things I like in each of the colors.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Go look at both in the colors considered. Don't trust the Internet or the color swatches at the dealership. You need to see the colors on a living, breathing, full size A7
Old 01-11-2012, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks everyone I have seen them both in person that's what is making this decision so difficult. I've always owned black cars and think it's time for a change so I think I will go with glacier white however, I don't think there is anything sexier than a black a7 at night (except maybe the woman driving it lol). I love the nougat interior as well with a black headliner should be amazing.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't think there is anything sexier than a black a7
Couldn't agree more, I had to make the same decision and went for black

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Glacier White or Phantom Black Pearl!!!