A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Got some disappointing news today

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some disappointing news today

Was making final arrangements for my car today with shop that is going to do some work on it before I fly down to drive it up north next weekend. I then called the dealership to verify whether or not they got my ups'ed overnight check today. When I asked for my salesman with whom I've been working with since January and spoke with last week, I was told that he no longer is employed there My heart sank immediately as because this is a 2014 and pricing was unavailable until a few weeks ago the finances had not been completely worked out. Gen'l sales manager was unaware that I was quoted 14k for my fusion hybrid. I hope that I can still get that for the car as well as the 5% off the base price of the prestige being a triple a member as that is what I can get from a triple a authorized dealer. Obviously my confidence in getting the best possible deal is shaken to say the least I'm hoping that the confidence I placed in this dealership (I looked at 3 other competitors) and went with this one as I couldn't see driving 20-45 miles for service if I could drive 4 instead. Will just have to wait till next Tuesday I guess. I'm sure the 1150 mile drive back will make me forget all about today!!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ken -

You ought to call the sales manager and ask him to speak with his former employee, who when making the deal, was acting as an Agent for and on behalf of the dealership. There is no written evidence of the deal? I don't want you to feel any worse...but there was an almost 7 month wait before you initiated contact? The Braman guys in WPB checked in with me at least 3 times in the first 2 months post order, and weekly in the month prior to delivery. I couldn't ask for a better buying/customer relation experience.

If the triple A pricing doesn't work out, ask if they belong to the Costco buying program, which is approximately $500 over tissue plus reasonable dealer fees.

I think its fair to say that the last thing they want is another unsold unit, should you threaten to "pull the plug" and start anew. I happened to have checked the A7 inventory of a bunch of local dealers here and there are a bunch of 2014 Prestige's already on lots with more coming.

Let us know how/when this is resolved, and don't make yourself nuts. Someone will cut you a good deal.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thx. I'll be calling today to talk about the deal as well as checking on Costco pricing. Prestige is supposed to have a great rep so I don't think I'll be disappointed but should have things finalized by end of today. Only add-on the dealer will be doing is putting on Cilajet on the wheels so I can keep them cleaner. Hoping the ceramic pads help with that as well. As an aside, had to rent a car on Monday. Ended up with a brand new caddy ats. Power steering went out, my fusion was a much smoother ride as well as quieter. I can't wait till next week to get my hands on my car!!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just got off the phone with my salesman. Seems I got aught in the middle of salary negotiations. Not sure if I became part of the solution or not. But regardless, my salesman is back, my car will be sent to the shop for Xpel and crystalline window tinting,will be back to audi on sat and getting rims coated in Cilajet. Needless to say as soon as I get to Florida tues afternoon, going to pick up my car!! This has been the second worst roller coaster ride I have taken and can't wait until it is over.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mitodad
Just got off the phone with my salesman. Seems I got aught in the middle of salary negotiations. Not sure if I became part of the solution or not. But regardless, my salesman is back, my car will be sent to the shop for Xpel and crystalline window tinting,will be back to audi on sat and getting rims coated in Cilajet. Needless to say as soon as I get to Florida tues afternoon, going to pick up my car!! This has been the second worst roller coaster ride I have taken and can't wait until it is over.
Salary Dispute...ouch! But it sounds like all will be resolved to your satisfaction.

I wish you smooth saling from here on out.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got a call from Auto Supershield this morning. Car will arrive in the morning and hopefully back to dealer by Tuesday am (they are closed on Mondays). Then the only thing left will be treating the wheels with Cilajet and hopefully will have the keys in hand when I arrive from the airport in the afternoon. Can't wait to see what the interior looks like at night with all the dash/mmi dials lit up and with the HUD. Only have to get through two more 4p-1a shifts (tonight and Monday night) till I pick her up . Will be celebrating the end of my fixed or repaired daily days (though since the association with mazda in 1991 they have been truly reliable cars compared to chevys that I've had which includes a lemon 82 camaro berlinetta t-top during my residency days which was in the shop 13x for tranny issues which was replaced 3x in 9 months) and the start of driving a real car!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got a call from Auto Supershield this morning. Car will arrive in the morning and hopefully back to dealer by Tuesday am (they are closed on Mondays). Then the only thing left will be treating the wheels with Cilajet and hopefully will have the keys in hand when I arrive from the airport in the afternoon. Can't wait to see what the interior looks like at night with all the dash/mmi dials lit up and with the HUD. Only have to get through two more 4p-1a shifts (tonight and Monday night) till I pick her up . Will be celebrating the end of my fixed or repaired daily days (though since the association with mazda in 1991 they have been truly reliable cars compared to chevys that I've had which includes a lemon 82 camaro berlinetta t-top during my residency days which was in the shop 13x for tranny issues which was replaced 3x in 9 months) and the start of driving a real car!
Ken -

Based on what you've written, you have to change the title of the thread. As I suspected, when faced with another unsold unit, they found a way to get the deal completed - hopefully to your satisfaction finally.

Let us know how all the "extras" turn out and pricing. I hadn't ever heard about the CilaJet process, sounds like something I'd be interested in.

Happy that your hurdles have been overcome!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Resolution and Cilajet

Originally Posted by Rick Pardo
Ken -

Based on what you've written, you have to change the title of the thread. As I suspected, when faced with another unsold unit, they found a way to get the deal completed - hopefully to your satisfaction finally.

Let us know how all the "extras" turn out and pricing. I hadn't ever heard about the CilaJet process, sounds like something I'd be interested in.

Happy that your hurdles have been overcome!
Cilajet is a paint sealer mentioned elsewhere in the forum. I've researched it including class action suits. Once I found out that my dealership is a licensed applicator, I discussed with my rehired salesman previously about applying it to my rims to help with brake dust issues. New for the 2014 is that pads are ceramic which helps with less brake dust. As the 20" wheels are complicated (many nooks and crannies) we both felt that Cilajet will make wheel maintenance a lot easier. Of course time will tell and will post here sometime in August. I've seen plenty of products like sonax (one of the sponsors sites) and know about armor-all's wheel protection product. What I,m hoping is that Cilajet will replace armor-all.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

New for the 2014 is that pads are ceramic which helps with less brake dust.
Just curious, where did you source the information on the ceramic pads for 2014? Have you confirmed this beyond your salesperson?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Just curious, where did you source the information on the ceramic pads for 2014? Have you confirmed this beyond your salesperson?
I Dont like ceramic brakes in a car that is not a sports car, they are REALLY expensive. If they are only the pads vs the rotors and pads I don't think there is a big advantage.

Last edited by feralc; 07-12-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Got some disappointing news today