A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Head up display question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head up display question

Hi folks,

I've done a few searches on this and haven't found any info. Hopefully someone can help. I've had my A7 for a year now and one thing eludes me (at least it's just one thing...so far). On the head up display setting, I add adaptive cruise and nav. It works great for the trip.. but next time I get in the car, it isn't showing and when I got back to settings, it is 'un-checked'. I've tried it a bunch and then just let it go... but I'd like to see if it is an issue or if I'm just missing something. I have a service coming up and I plan to ask them, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim
Old 03-27-2013, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimlip23
Hi folks,

I've done a few searches on this and haven't found any info. Hopefully someone can help. I've had my A7 for a year now and one thing eludes me (at least it's just one thing...so far). On the head up display setting, I add adaptive cruise and nav. It works great for the trip.. but next time I get in the car, it isn't showing and when I got back to settings, it is 'un-checked'. I've tried it a bunch and then just let it go... but I'd like to see if it is an issue or if I'm just missing something. I have a service coming up and I plan to ask them, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim
I've never had to adjust those settings - That is, they're always viewable through my HUD when I use them.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by raslam77
I've never had to adjust those settings - That is, they're always viewable through my HUD when I use them.
Thanks for the reply...well that's good for you, disappointing for me. I wonder if it is related to the key (user setting) or a problem with the software. It's an easy setting to find, but no matter how many times I select them, they are un-checked when turn the car off and then back up.

Anyone else?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a similar situation with another user-selectable option and it has to do with the key memory settings. I think the solution is to set things the way you want them and then use the lock button on the remote you use. It should then pair up and remember everything properly.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
I had a similar situation with another user-selectable option and it has to do with the key memory settings. I think the solution is to set things the way you want them and then use the lock button on the remote you use. It should then pair up and remember everything properly.
+1. Once set, there should be nothing else to change/adjust. Let us know once you got this resolved.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
+1. Once set, there should be nothing else to change/adjust. Let us know once you got this resolved.
ah..ok, thanks guys. I'll try that tonight when I get home. I hadn't noticed any other changes to any settings so I hadn't considered that.

I'll get back once I've tried.

Thanks again,

Jim
Old 04-01-2013, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Succes!

Strange...at delivery (15 months ago) the sales guy didn't explain that and since everything has been working great and I'm the only driver, I hadn't had reason to explore until this came up. Glad I did because I"ve been able to tweak a few other things.

Thanks again!

Jim