A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Head Up Display, are you happy with it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by agjil
I consider the HUD the best option in my car.
It is very practical as I can pay attention to the road all the time without having to look down the speedometer to see how fast I'm going at.

However, I agree that the night vision is 99% useless.

While the almost-non-existent integration between the night vision system and HUD is an issue, personally, I think there is a bigger problem:

In the rare cases when the red pedestrian warning comes on, the car is already very close to the pedestrian.
I found this does not give enough reaction time to the driver to avoid hitting the pedestrian, if the driver was actually not paying attention to the pedestrian already.
So if I'm driving at night and have no idea that I'm about to hit someone, it will be most likely too late to avoid an accident even if the red pedestrian warning alerts me.
I wish it would alert the driver a couple of seconds earlier to give me enough time to react to the alert/chime.
I could not agree more. IMHO the best option is the heated steering wheel, the second best is the HUD. The night vision was a total waste of money, completely useless. However it has a wow factor when I show it to people.