A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Help With Ideas For New Mods?? 2014 A7 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 03:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Ideas For New Mods?? 2014 A7 Prestige

Hey everyone,

I have had my 2014 A7 for about a month & a half now & did a few minor mods & was wondering if anyone with experience with their A7 could give suggestions for other mods.

I wanted to lower it but everyone says do different things & different spacers so idk what to do. I want it to look sick but not rub or mess up the ride quality.

The mods so far are - red brake calipers, gloss black wrapped the window trim, blacked out 2 back badges, blacked out front side markers, blacked out wheel center caps, tinted windows.

The car is a 2014 A7 Prestige with 20" wheels & all season tires with NO sport suspension just normal suspension.

2014 A7 Prestige
black interior
black head line
full led lights
adaptive headlights
heated / cooled seats & all that extra
side assist
back heat / cool control option panel
20" sport wheels
all season tires
phantom black pearl paint
S line sport lips & sides & rear package
bunch of other stuff. Has every option available i think except the 5k add on for the heads up & night vision. (I like the way the car looks more anyway with the little grills there not the circular things that control all of that added stuff i would never use or need)

- PICS BELOW -
Attached Images      
Old 09-22-2013, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

You got the show, now get the go - STaSIS exhaust and tuning for the engine!!! My 2014 Prestige is coming next month. Daytona Gray Pearl w/black interior and black headliner, 19" Sport and LED lights. First mods will be to wrap front, hood lights and fenders with paint protection, tint the back hatch and back side windows (in NJ can't do front) and install BEL STiR radar detector and Laser Interceptor laser defense. Then at my first 5K oil change, take to Audi dealer for STaSIS s/w and MAYBE their exhaust.

Ain't America great???
Old 09-22-2013, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's a quick interior mod to "clean up" the interior:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2854228
Old 09-22-2013, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Hitz101,

I had a chuckle when I saw your mods since our cars would look so similar. I have a 2013 phantom black a7 with window tint, red calipers and blacked out two rear badges. I do have white Audi ring decals on my calipers. I've also put on the aluminum pedals and seat control covers.

Have you done any VAGCOM mods? I have needle sweep, VIM, close trunk with remote, and open/close windows with the remote, headlight wink delete.

Oh and I added an amp and subwoofer. Nothing fancy, just a JBL box in the trunk.

I like the look of blacked out wheel center caps. I may have to borrow that idea.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks man & yeah i just plastidipped them. Gives a cool look.

Also i heard about those mods but you need spcial cables & stuff to do them rite & is it difficult? Does it void warranty?

Also what do each of those mods do that you spoke of & where can i learn how to do them the easiest way?
Old 09-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What exactly do you mean by stasis & maybe their exhaust too? Can't you only have 1 or the other? And you can have the Audi dealer install other exhaust for you?
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hitz101 congratulations your car looks great.
Vagcom mods do not void any warranty, don't worry, you can do several cool stuff, needle sweep, full LEDs at night, gear showing next to the D, up and down trunk with remote, video in motion, etc etc etc.
Regarding power, you can tune your car, I have stage 2 GIAC and it runs as fast (or faster) than a S7, AWE exhaust (I prefer over stasis because I gp hate cabin drone) and intake.
for suspension you can do eibach springs with no problem and no rubbing at all, you have the sport handling. Without compromising the comfort ride too much, regards
Old 09-22-2013, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

GO to the STaSIS web site and check it out.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/

They will give you local Audi dealers that can do the install of the software and/or exhaust and/or suspension package. STaSIS does match the Audi 48M/50K mile warranty. Which means if anything happens they will stand behind it.

I'm coming from a 2008 535 Wagon and had it modded when new with Dinan software who also matches the BMW factory warranty. Do what you want - it makes difference to work with someone like STaSIS. You might get a bit more performance from someone else - but will they back the warranty of you $70K car???

Dave
Old 09-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey thanks a lot for the help. So a few questions. I have had a modded out BMW M6 matte black & a audi a4 now got rid of those & got the A7 but i am still kind of new to car terms as i just love cars but am new to modding lol.

So for the needle sweep mod what does that do exactly? Also what do you mean full LED at night? I thought my lights already had the full LED package. Or did you mean like the back lights do something?

I understood the rest but what did you mean by tune the car? How does it make it faster? Is it a physical mod or something you do in the computer? What is GIAC Stage 2 & how do you get that?

Sorry again for the questions as im new to this lol

Also by cabin drone from the stasis did you mean like you can hear it more in the cabin or feel it?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow that is nice & convenient that the dealer can do it. Okay so quick questions. As i told the other guy i have had some really nice cars but im kind of new to some of the modding.

Okay so you said i can order from stasis & they have the dealer here instal. Thats nice. Is there a certain exhaust you recommend from them for the A7 or there is only 1? Does it make a huge difference from the stock one? Does it sound & feel better?

Also what did you mean by software? What kind of software would they instal to do what to the car? Also i hear it's best to do eibach suspension not h&d or whatever it's called or stasis or does stasis sell eibach? If not & the stasis springs are different do you have them on yours is there any rubbing or anything & can you show pics?

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Help With Ideas For New Mods?? 2014 A7 Prestige