A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Import to Jukebox quits at 455 songs

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Import to Jukebox quits at 455 songs

Howdy,

So I copied 3000 songs to my SD card, "Import". Each time, it quits at 455 songs. It imports 455 but that's it.

I looked in the manual. I couldn't tell, but it looks like there's a limit of 512 files per session. If so, my issue makes sense. I'll just do 400 at a time.

True this?

Gracias,
Old 04-18-2012, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

I imported 2,300 songs in one shot...no problem. I would suspect that song 456 has something weird in the format or the ID3 Tag that your A7 doesn't like.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Format

Originally Posted by jfourman
I imported 2,300 songs in one shot...no problem. I would suspect that song 456 has something weird in the format or the ID3 Tag that your A7 doesn't like.
Are you using .m4a only?

I was copying .m4p before. Those are protected so I can see why they wouldn't copy.

Now I'm trying it using just .m4a
Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I copied 1000 songs to the SD card, .m4a only.
This time it only imported 655 songs.
And, not all the album titles are there.
I wonder what's wrong?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gangee
Are you using .m4a only?

I was copying .m4p before. Those are protected so I can see why they wouldn't copy.

Now I'm trying it using just .m4a
All of my songs are .mp3 and .wma. Before copying, I used a PC program called MediaMonkey to review all of the ID3 tags for accurate artist name, album name, etc. MediaMonkey is a free download on Download.com. My SD card folders are organized by Artist -> Album -> Track. I learned that if you want album art, you need to embed the art into the ID3 tag rather that just having a folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the album's folder. You can use MediaMonkey to embed the art into the ID3 Tag. I also found a program called BLISS that will embed the art in mass.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default ID3?

Howdy,

Thanks for the responses!

So I'm trying a program that puts all the ID3 tags in the format that Jukebox wants it, based on the owners manual.

I have to say. As a programmer, Audi did a terrible job on the implementation of Jukebox and the music support. It feels as if no one there spent any time using what they designed. Or if they did, they didn't have a smart phone, iTunes, etc.

I hope there's an upgrade, I mean overhaul, coming soon.

Amateur work at best.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jfourman
All of my songs are .mp3 and .wma. Before copying, I used a PC program called MediaMonkey to review all of the ID3 tags for accurate artist name, album name, etc. MediaMonkey is a free download on Download.com. My SD card folders are organized by Artist -> Album -> Track. I learned that if you want album art, you need to embed the art into the ID3 tag rather that just having a folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the album's folder. You can use MediaMonkey to embed the art into the ID3 Tag. I also found a program called BLISS that will embed the art in mass.
I just use iTunes. I have a folder within my music main folder with album art I've gotten from Google images (500x500 or less) & paste those images to each track for the album within iTunes. Other ID tags are auto downloaded either with iTunes or Windows media. That's for CDs I own & ripped to mp3s. mp3s I've downloaded have all the ID tags already.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Still no luck.

I tried editing ID3 tags using Tuneup. After I edited the tags, I copied 1000 songs to my SD card and did a Jukebox import. It only imported 465 songs.

Does anyone have a Mac ID3 editor they can recommend? MediaMonkey is Windows only.

This is way too hard - it shouldn't be. Audi missed it on this one.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Remove ID3 tags

I found a way in iTunes to batch remove all the ID3 tags that aren't supported in Jukebox. I also found a way to delete all the cover art.

Now I'm using TuneUp to reassign the ID3 tags and embed the cover art. Hopefully this will then put the music in a format the Jukebox likes.

I'll update this tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Nada

Still no luck.

I've tried importing purchased audio only, that didn't help (it's not clear if there's support to CD's imported into iTunes, so I tried purchased audio only).

My guess is that there's a corrupted song in my list and when it hit's that song, it quits importing. But I have no way of tracking that down because there's no log or specific error codes to look at.

I'm going to go to the dealer on Monday, try importing my list to a car on lot, in an effort to rule out my hardware. If it works on another car but not mine, I suppose, I'll ask for a hard drive replacement. If it doesn't work on another car, I'm sure what my next move would be. I might ditch the whole effort and just play music off of the SD card. But I'm emotionally invested in this now, I most likely won't give up.

It is truly pathetic that a car company, Audi, would build a car with so much software and technology, and then offer just about zero support for it. Call MMI support? Yeah right. You get a help desk that's reading the manual to you. Try taking it to the dealer? They know about nuts and bolts, not software.

It never ceases to amaze me, the bs I put up with to drive these cars.

Quick Reply: Import to Jukebox quits at 455 songs