A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Jukebox deleted my videos...WTH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jukebox deleted my videos...WTH?

Hi all, curious if any of you have run in to any jukebox issues? I had imported music and also music videos in to my jukebox. they were all there, and worked just fine. Today, when I got in to my car, I wanted to check out a video, and they are all gone! System says there are no playable files present in that folder. Well, they were there yesterday..how crazy is this? Anyone else run in to "disappearing" files that live on the hard drive?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by darreln
Hi all, curious if any of you have run in to any jukebox issues? I had imported music and also music videos in to my jukebox. they were all there, and worked just fine. Today, when I got in to my car, I wanted to check out a video, and they are all gone! System says there are no playable files present in that folder. Well, they were there yesterday..how crazy is this? Anyone else run in to "disappearing" files that live on the hard drive?
This has happened to me twice with imported music on the jukebox--both times I reset the MMI and all was back to normal--nothing lost.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RobertJ
This has happened to me twice with imported music on the jukebox--both times I reset the MMI and all was back to normal--nothing lost.
I am not sure I understand...you reset the MMI and since the deleting of files has stopped? is that what you are saying?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by darreln
I am not sure I understand...you reset the MMI and since the deleting of files has stopped? is that what you are saying?
No, that is not what I intended to convey.

Having previously successfully imported several tens of albums (files) to the jukebox, one day I selected the jukebox as the source and the message "no playable files" appeared on the screen. Not having a clue as to why, I reset the MMI and then again selected the jukebox as the source. All the previously imported material showed on the screen and all of it was playable. So none of the material I had imported was lost from the jukebox--no files were actually deleted.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RobertJ
No, that is not what I intended to convey.

Having previously successfully imported several tens of albums (files) to the jukebox, one day I selected the jukebox as the source and the message "no playable files" appeared on the screen. Not having a clue as to why, I reset the MMI and then again selected the jukebox as the source. All the previously imported material showed on the screen and all of it was playable. So none of the material I had imported was lost from the jukebox--no files were actually deleted.
Oh! now i get it. I had my car in for service and they supposedly 'reset' the MMI, so I'll be sure to check and see if my videos are now back thanks!