A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Lane assist retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to resurrect this thread as I was interested in this mod. Been approx 3 months so thought it was a good time to check. Was there ever any update or instructions posted on how to do this? If there were, apologies in advance as I may have missed it. If not, is there going to be an update?
Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would love to hear an update as well. I have ACC and Side Assist so the ability to add Lane Assist would be great. One question on the new stalk required - ACC has a push button on the end now to set crusing speed. Is the new stalk the turn signal stalk?

Also, I'm getting very tempted to buy a VAG-COM as I hear more about the many features that can be set. Are they fairly easy to use?
Old 08-15-2012, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys, I'm from the A6 side of things. I've been working on it for a few days, got everything almost done, but I can't seem to activate it, even by software using the VAG-COM.

Does anyone know how to activate it?

Also, I think under car/carbusassignment of the green menu you can change the Lane Departure Warning Assigned button. Don't think you necessarily need the new Stalk.

But like I said, I'm still trying to at least activate it using the VAG COM.

I want to add we can probably use the 2011 A8 Stalk.

Last edited by Metallic-Force; 08-16-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Ready to do the trick

Ready to donate my A6 to science. I have side assist and Vag-com waiting patiently.

I been playing for while with my MMI and I was able to make the lane assist option to appear (I know no big deal).
Old 08-19-2012, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes the "new stalk" is the "turn lights stick with the button". That some how is missing my car.

BTW I'm located in SD. I can share with you the VAG-COM...
Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting - so using VAG-Com you are able to get the MMI to show the lane assist option? Does it work now or do you need the new turn signal stalk witht he lane-assist button? Are you planning on installing the new stalk?

Wow - if you got this to work and are located in SD I may be interested in trying the change. I've been tempted to purchase the VAG-COM Software myself but have not made the plunge. I barely have time to drive my A7 let alone learn how to make these changes but at some point I would like to try.

I'd like to make some other VAG-COM changes too like the VIM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I spoke to the dealer about this he informed me that while all the components were there that the wiring harness is different and that it could not be done???
Old 08-23-2012, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by farberm
When I spoke to the dealer about this he informed me that while all the components were there that the wiring harness is different and that it could not be done???
YOUR dealer won't tell you the truth. Fortunately one of the maintenance guys was really cool and explained me that they are "able to do it" but they are to allowed to do so.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Audi Steve
Interesting - so using VAG-Com you are able to get the MMI to show the lane assist option? Does it work now or do you need the new turn signal stalk witht he lane-assist button? Are you planning on installing the new stalk?

Wow - if you got this to work and are located in SD I may be interested in trying the change. I've been tempted to purchase the VAG-COM Software myself but have not made the plunge. I barely have time to drive my A7 let alone learn how to make these changes but at some point I would like to try.

I'd like to make some other VAG-COM changes too like the VIM.
Hello, is not working yet. I was just able to make the option appear on the MMI. I had to enable the green menu and then I changed some settings there and boom!

The problem is that I don't have the signal stick yet and I'm sure i have to do more changes to the car modules (with VAG-COM) but I'm waiting for those. Maybe somebody with lane assist can copy/paste their codes...

I have the resources to do custom cable harness and stuff like that, so maybe somebody can give me an electric diagram and I can put a temporary "push button". It will look horrible but is just a temporary solution until I find one on EU or becomes available in the US.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok thanks J07rdi,

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the wiring harness does indeed work with the new stalk and that you get the codes figured out. Seems like if you've got side assist and ACC then it should be ready to go so hopefully it works.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Lane assist retrofit