A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Layered Oak

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also agree with the age range of 30-50, with the majority being in their 40s probably. It's also less of the person's age but there's just no that many that have $75k lying around. So, you'd better target the age group that is likely to have that disposable income.

I am 32.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cbb09
I also agree with the age range of 30-50, with the majority being in their 40s probably. It's also less of the person's age but there's just no that many that have $75k lying around. So, you'd better target the age group that is likely to have that disposable income.

I am 32.
Definitely true. I guess it depends on loving luxury and also a more "sporty" car. I think the a7 is similar to the 7 series....I see a lot of either 25-30 yr olds in them or its 50 year olds.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the car Audi has targeted to the late 20's early 30's bunch (especially the single ones) is the S5. All of the crew in my office of that age seem to love that car!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to throw my $0.02 in. I'm 25 and I'm looking at this car very seriously. I'm a bit of a geek so the tech is great and it looks like a coupe while being practical as a single car. Performance is very good for a car of it's size too.

Compared it to the A6, 5 Series, and a few others. I'm leaning towards the A7 even though my brain says to go with the A6 just because of the price. In either case I'd be going Prestige in Ice Silver with Titanium Gray/Dark Carpet interior(haven't seen any car configured like this) with the Natural Ash Wood. Going with the full LED headlights but waffling back and forth on the 20 inch sport package. I'd really like the 3-spoke wheel and 20inch but I can't live without all-seasons.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by retroclutch
Just to throw my $0.02 in. I'm 25 and I'm looking at this car very seriously. I'm a bit of a geek so the tech is great and it looks like a coupe while being practical as a single car. Performance is very good for a car of it's size too.

Compared it to the A6, 5 Series, and a few others. I'm leaning towards the A7 even though my brain says to go with the A6 just because of the price. In either case I'd be going Prestige in Ice Silver with Titanium Gray/Dark Carpet interior(haven't seen any car configured like this) with the Natural Ash Wood. Going with the full LED headlights but waffling back and forth on the 20 inch sport package. I'd really like the 3-spoke wheel and 20inch but I can't live without all-seasons.
I have the 20" wheels non-sport package with the all season tires. The all season tires were part of the deal where it was estimated to be around $1200 that the dealer ate.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
I have the 20" wheels non-sport package with the all season tires. The all season tires were part of the deal where it was estimated to be around $1200 that the dealer ate.
Cool, I just emailed my dealer asking if he could do something similar. Did you get the summer tires with the all-seasons or just the all-seasons and the dealer kept the summer tires? Part of me is wondering if it's worth the hassle. Oh well, decisions decisions.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AFS8733
I think the 30 - 50's demographic is exactly right. Sub 30 year old males with $75K to spend on a car won't even give the A7 a thought! (and who would blame them). Anyone know how many Audi expect to sell in the US? Can't believe it's more than a few thousand...
I'm 65, and still think about cars like I did when I was in my 20's. I want performance, handling and a design that's edgy.

When the lease on the AWD/SH/Tech Pkg '09 TL is up nect year I'll be looking at the A7,Maserati Quattroporte, the new XF and the new CLS550.

Last edited by Rick Pardo; 06-25-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Went to see the new CLS today - the ergonomics just don't work. Rear seat headroom is worse then the A7, and the shape of its rear door makes rear seat ingress/egress more difficult then the A7. There are things I like about the new CLS, MB makes a good car to be sure and their dealer network is better then Audi (my opinion), but the overall packaging is just not there.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nyca
Went to see the new CLS today - the ergonomics just don't work. Rear seat headroom is worse then the A7, and the shape of its rear door makes rear seat ingress/egress more difficult then the A7. There are things I like about the new CLS, MB makes a good car to be sure and their dealer network is better then Audi (my opinion), but the overall packaging is just not there.
Were you able to drive it? I enjoyed my drive in the A7, but it didn't have as much "oomph" as I was expecting in the acceleration department. My 6-speed manual TL OTOH feels pretty strong once you get the revs about 3000 or so. From the recent Motor Trend article, I am imagining the CLS550 must feel like a beast. I haven't been able to test drive it yet.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

No, didn't drive it, but since there is no comparable CLS350, there is no way to do an honest comparison to the V8.

Quick Reply: Layered Oak