A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Modification parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modification parts

HI everyone, I just picked up a 2012 A7 White Prestige 20'' sport package about 3 weeks ago. This is my first Audi and now I feel the itch to modify the car. Since the car is so new I couldn't find any info on aftermarket parts. Anybody have any info on websites or vendors that sell aftermarket parts for this wonderful car. Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you want to mod a $70k car? Leave that for a Honda.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

It is a little too early. The model is fairly new and the aftermarket manufacturers are just getting the designs ready.

The other issue is that the A7 isn't going to be a very large volume model, so many items that would normally be available for a lower price, large volume model will just not be feasable to bring to market.

Originally Posted by vntA7
HI everyone, I just picked up a 2012 A7 White Prestige 20'' sport package about 3 weeks ago. This is my first Audi and now I feel the itch to modify the car. Since the car is so new I couldn't find any info on aftermarket parts. Anybody have any info on websites or vendors that sell aftermarket parts for this wonderful car. Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by deanrose
Depends on the mod.
I will mod mine, engine tune and lower it a hair.
I would say leave the big wings and Auto Zone plastic crap for the Honda's, but give me power!
-Joe
Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by deanrose
Why not? People mod Ferrari's, Porsches, Lambos, Benzes, M5's, R8's etc. So your logic might be a little off.

By the way, I have the STaSIS exhaust on my A7.

Last edited by aquarian; 09-29-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
It is a little too early. The model is fairly new and the aftermarket manufacturers are just getting the designs ready.

The other issue is that the A7 isn't going to be a very large volume model, so many items that would normally be available for a lower price, large volume model will just not be feasable to bring to market.

Several European companies have already introduced some parts for the A7 such as lowering springs, bodykits, exhaust systems, and currently STaSIS is working on the ECU tuning.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
Why not? People mod Ferrari's, Porsches, Lambos, Benzes, M5's, R8's etc. So your logic might be a little off.

By the way, I have the STaSIS exhaust on my A7.
I agree, it is not uncommon to modify luxury or sport cars. People modify their car to their own taste as long you do it right. I would love to lower the car a little bit and boost it a little higher to squeeze a little more out of the engine. Did you see any noticeable gain with the exhaust? Have you had the chance to dyno your car before and after?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I agree, it is not uncommon to modify luxury or sport cars. People modify their car to their own taste as long you do it right. I would love to lower the car a little bit and boost it a little higher to squeeze a little more out of the engine. Did you see any noticeable gain with the exhaust? Have you had the chance to dyno your car before and after?
No dyno for my car. For actual dyno numbers I have not seen from STaSIS either. If you are thinking of doing an ECU mod it is always recommended to swap the exhaust for maximum gain.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
No dyno for my car. For actual dyno numbers I have not seen from STaSIS either. If you are thinking of doing an ECU mod it is always recommended to swap the exhaust for maximum gain.
Thanks for the info. I will definitely get the ECU upgrade as it doesn't void the factory warranty. A jump from 310hp to 370hp is not much but I think is acceptable. I'm not quiet sure about the exhaust I was hoping for a different exhaust tip design. Do you know how much the ECU upgrade runs for?
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I will definitely get the ECU upgrade as it doesn't void the factory warranty. A jump from 310hp to 370hp is not much but I think is acceptable. I'm not quiet sure about the exhaust I was hoping for a different exhaust tip design. Do you know how much the ECU upgrade runs for?
It should be similar to what they charge for the A6 ECU....

Quick Reply: Modification parts