A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Night Vision Camera - Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night Vision Camera - Aftermarket

Hello All,

First time poster, first time Audi owner. 2012 A7 Prestige w/20" sport, B&O, side assist, love it...

I have a question for those in the know, and pardon if it has been asked, but can you have night vision added after market? I've seen some salvage cars that got rear-ended. Thought I might be able to take the camera off their hands. I've also seen the kit (from Audi) sold outright.

Where I live in Southern Arizona, there are a surprising number of people on the sides of the road at night, not exactly dressed to stand out (no judgments here). In fact, I just don't want to kill anyone...

While I assume it's possible (anything is possible given enough time and money), is it possible within reason/has this been done? I assume the software is there, just not activated.

Thanks for the help!

On a second note, anyone tried to program their garage door opener via the MMI console? Mine starts out fine then greys out and says system not available. I was still able to do it via pressing the keys, just strange to have the option in the menu.

Thanks!

- Dave
Old 09-20-2012, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

BUMP- any thoughts? It is a serious issues in Southern Arizona.

Thanks,

Dave

:
Originally Posted by DaveInCA
Hello All,

First time poster, first time Audi owner. 2012 A7 Prestige w/20" sport, B&O, side assist, love it...

I have a question for those in the know, and pardon if it has been asked, but can you have night vision added after market? I've seen some salvage cars that got rear-ended. Thought I might be able to take the camera off their hands. I've also seen the kit (from Audi) sold outright.

Where I live in Southern Arizona, there are a surprising number of people on the sides of the road at night, not exactly dressed to stand out (no judgments here). In fact, I just don't want to kill anyone...

While I assume it's possible (anything is possible given enough time and money), is it possible within reason/has this been done? I assume the software is there, just not activated.

Thanks for the help!

On a second note, anyone tried to program their garage door opener via the MMI console? Mine starts out fine then greys out and says system not available. I was still able to do it via pressing the keys, just strange to have the option in the menu.

Thanks!

- Dave
Old 09-20-2012, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveInCA

It has not been done as far as I know. The software might be there but I would think that there is a lot of hardware, dashboard, windshield and wiring involved.

It would take a lot of money and knowledge to pull it off. Buying another car that has the feature might be a less expensive alternative.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the reply.

It's strange what you don't miss if you don't know it exists. I live in Tucson and in many parts in the desert, it's DARK. I've had whole families by the side of the road in completely non-reflective clothes and worry that something could happen. The xenon headlights help quite a bit however.

Thanks again,

Dave