A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

No Lane Assist on US A7?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Lane Assist on US A7?

I was a little surprised that my A7 here in the US did not come with the Lane Assist. I got Prestige + Innovation. Is this normal? I thought the 2012 model is supposed to have one, and even more surprising is that the A6 has it.

Any clues?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

It blinks... That's it.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ambarsaria
I was a little surprised that my A7 here in the US did not come with the Lane Assist. I got Prestige + Innovation. Is this normal? I thought the 2012 model is supposed to have one, and even more surprising is that the A6 has it.

Any clues?
There is a package called side assist that has this feature. I don't know if innovation has this package by default
Old 01-02-2012, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trieste
There is a package called side assist that has this feature. I don't know if innovation has this package by default
The innovation package gets you all the "bells & whistles" including side assist which is a blinking warning someone is is your blind side.

I noted lane assist is mentioned in the documentation Frank Kaufman provided in another thread in the form of pdfs but mine does not have it. At least I see no evidence of it while driving (steering wheel feedback) when changing lanes.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know the A8 has the steering wheel feedback when changing lanes without signalling. Had it on a demo A8 the dealer let me drive for a day before getting the A7. First thing I did was learn how to shut that feature off. Most annoying thing I have ever experienced.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carljones11
The innovation package gets you all the "bells & whistles" including side assist which is a blinking warning someone is is your blind side.

I noted lane assist is mentioned in the documentation Frank Kaufman provided in another thread in the form of pdfs but mine does not have it. At least I see no evidence of it while driving (steering wheel feedback) when changing lanes.
There is a toggle switch on the drivers side right where the rearview mirror is. It could be turned off. Also the lights could be turned off in the settings.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by trieste
There is a toggle switch on the drivers side right where the rearview mirror is. It could be turned off. Also the lights could be turned off in the settings.
Yes, that's side assist, no lane assist as far as I know.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What I'm referring to is the steering wheel feedback not the blinking lights when someone is in your bind spot.

I'm fairly confident that A7 in US doesn't have the feedback when changing lanes without the signal. For some reason I could swear that the A7 had this feature as an option, but looks like it's not yet on the A7 despite the fact that numerous literature materials mention about it in 2012 A7 model.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Agreed and no, it does not have lane assist.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ambarsaria

Any clues?
The new documentation that is referred to in the other link says that lane assist will be added to the A7 during the 20 012 model year. I have to see if my signal stem has a button on the end to trigger it as the documentation says. If so, then maybe a firmware upgrade will enable it. If not, then I think that we existing owners are out of luck.

Quick Reply: No Lane Assist on US A7?