A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Online Destinations PIN Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Destinations PIN Stopped Working

Hi. for a year and a half, my online destinations function worked perfectly: I would save a destination in Google maps and it would appear in the navigation system on my Audi. I did notice that I needed the Google connection to complete in the car before accessing my online destinations; not waiting required me to put in my pin again. Now, however, my MMI system says that my pin is incorrect. I've called Audi connect on the phone, verified that my account is set up properly on their and I've pulled the sim and reset it. My pin is still not recognized.

I can log into my Audi account on the web, verify my pin and see the destinations that are there waiting to be sent to my car. Everything looks as it should but my pin is not registered.

I now have an outstanding service request that has been escalated within Audi connect.

anyone else see this?
Old 09-27-2013, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

If you're referring to myAudi website destinations created there or sent from Google Maps, I had something similar happen last year - no data was sent to the car. After several unsuccessful discussions with T-Mobile and the Audi Connect rep, I found my own solution. I went into MyAudi and deleted my account. (not just disabled it which won't help). Since your original email address cannot be used again to set up a new account, you have to create a new one. I set up a new email address that's only used for myAudi.
Once I set up a new account with my VIN and the new email address, I received a new PIN, entered it in the car and it has worked fine since. I can send to car all the myAudi or Google Map Send to Car destinations. Apparently, there was some disconnect with the PIN on the T-Mobile or Audi Connect side that only setting up a new myAudi account could resolve.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you're referring to myAudi website destinations created there or sent from Google Maps, I had something similar happen last year - no data was sent to the car. After several unsuccessful discussions with T-Mobile and the Audi Connect rep, I found my own solution. I went into MyAudi and deleted my account. (not just disabled it which won't help). Since your original email address cannot be used again to set up a new account, you have to create a new one. I set up a new email address that's only used for myAudi.
Once I set up a new account with my VIN and the new email address, I received a new PIN, entered it in the car and it has worked fine since. I can send to car all the myAudi or Google Map Send to Car destinations. Apparently, there was some disconnect with the PIN on the T-Mobile or Audi Connect side that only setting up a new myAudi account could resolve.
Sounds exactly like my issue. The tech rep asked that I not disable the account and wait for 2nd level support. After reading your post, I'm leaning toward deleting my account too. I just don't want to have an issue with competing VINs and losing the 5 months left on my account. So I'm going to probably wait....

I hate waiting!

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

FYI, the online myAudi site has nothing whatsoever to do with your Audi Connect subscription through T-Mobile, free trial or otherwise. It's just for the "send to car" destinations (I assume your other Audi Connect functions are working fine). Good luck with the "tech" reps. After 6 calls back and forth over a week or two, I gave up and found my own fix by accident doing what I described.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
FYI, the online myAudi site has nothing whatsoever to do with your Audi Connect subscription through T-Mobile, free trial or otherwise. It's just for the "send to car" destinations (I assume your other Audi Connect functions are working fine). Good luck with the "tech" reps. After 6 calls back and forth over a week or two, I gave up and found my own fix by accident doing what I described.
As you suggested, I blew away my old account and set up a new one with a new email address. After adding my car to the website and my new pin to the MMI, the online destinations worked perfectly!

Thank you a lot!