A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Ordering RS7

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went the tuned route once with a BMW, big mistake. Constant worry that you are going to void the warranty and destroy your vehicle.

Anyway, I think I can get $1k off MSRP as a token discount, but that's it.

A 36mo/10k mi lease is like $2200 ($115k sticker) - which is sort of insane and about what I pay for my 24mo lease on my 911.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc

Anyways I am going to do the stage 2 pulley upgrade to my car, not RS7 league but I am sure faster than a stock S7.
I might take that bet.....

The launch programming on the S7 makes the 0-60 pretty compelling
Old 07-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ManhattanSpin
I went the tuned route once with a BMW, big mistake. Constant worry that you are going to void the warranty and destroy your vehicle.

Anyway, I think I can get $1k off MSRP as a token discount, but that's it.

A 36mo/10k mi lease is like $2200 ($115k sticker) - which is sort of insane and about what I pay for my 24mo lease on my 911.
a constant worry but nothing ever happened?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by clintb
I might take that bet.....

The launch programming on the S7 makes the 0-60 pretty compelling
I tried so much to get somebody with a S7 in the s7 forum to test both cars and nobody ever responded, too bad you are all the way to Canada.
The S7 is SO restricted and capable of so much more, basically a RS7 engine but detuned, not comparing an A7 with a S7 but with a stage 2 tune I will bet on the A7 (if the S7 is plain stock)
Look at these b8 s4 videos, they are rockets, they eat M3, old RS6, CLS63 and more.

Last edited by feralc; 07-25-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

a constant worry but nothing ever happened?
I blew a high pressure fuel pump and had to uninstall everything before taking it in for service and playing dumb. Even then the car's computer showed some fishy stuff and I was lucky I had a good relationship at the dealership.

I tell people not to mess with the main power train unless you're out of warranty already. Just not worth it. Highly risky.

As it stands now, for me it will be between the E63S and the RS7...Audi has the nicer interior for sure. It will basically come down to which one I can get for a cheaper 3 year lease since they are practically the same price once options (maybe MB is a little more, not sure).
Old 07-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Banned

I blew a high pressure fuel pump and had to uninstall everything before taking it in for service and playing dumb. Even then the car's computer showed some fishy stuff and I was lucky I had a good relationship at the dealership.

I tell people not to mess with the main power train unless you're out of warranty already. Just not worth it. Highly risky.

As it stands now, for me it will be between the E63S and the RS7...Audi has the nicer interior for sure. It will basically come down to which one I can get for a cheaper 3 year lease since they are practically the same price once options (maybe MB is a little more, not sure).
Are you sure the high pressure fuel pump failed because of the tune or it was just bad luck (could have happened anyways) and a hassle to remove everything and play dumb at the dealer? If it is because of the inconvenience of removing everything, I understand but that was not the tunes fault.
and even if you had to pay for it, was that an expensive repair?
All kind of tunes have risks but getting something major and expensive I think is really minimal, because even cars with tunes they are not being floored all the time, it is just there when you need it.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Even the small chance of a catastrophe is worth paying 30% more for more performance, styling, etc. that's covered by warranty and support...of course you may be more risky!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Banned

Even the small chance of a catastrophe is worth paying 30% more for more performance, styling, etc. that's covered by warranty and support...of course you may be more risky!
As I said before, I am not comparing a RS7, S7 with an A7, if I didn't have my car now I will get at least a S7 and possibly a RS7 but my car with the tune performs so well that I don't think is worth trading my car in.
Anyways between the E class and the Audi 7 I will go with Audi, so my vote is for RS7.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyways between the E class and the Audi 7 I will go with Audi, so my vote is for RS7.
My only thinking with the E63S is that it might be a few hundred dollars cheaper a month to lease, so it sorta seems like the nobrainer decision? Strictly performance based assessment. I like the functionality of the A7 model better.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I tried so much to get somebody with a S7 in the s7 forum to test both cars and nobody ever responded, too bad you are all the way to Canada.
The S7 is SO restricted and capable of so much more, basically a RS7 engine but detuned, not comparing an A7 with a S7 but with a stage 2 tune I will bet on the A7 (if the S7 is plain stock)
Look at these b8 s4 videos, they are rockets, they eat M3, old RS6, CLS63 and more.
Yeah, too bad I live in Calgary, would be fun to meet up and see how the Audis perform

From my experience, the Launch control is worth about 0.4 sec 0-60 The way it hooks up is amazing!

Which gives the S7 (or DSG equipped Euro A7s) a distinct advantage off the line.

One day we'll findout.......

Quick Reply: Ordering RS7