A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Ordering RS7

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ManhattanSpin
My only thinking with the E63S is that it might be a few hundred dollars cheaper a month to lease, so it sorta seems like the nobrainer decision? Strictly performance based assessment. I like the functionality of the A7 model better.
Actually a friend of mine saw my car and he liked it so much he went to the Audi dealer, he told me the
Audi leases were
so expensive, 1000 a month for an A7 when the a BMW was way cheaper, I did not ask him what kind of A7 (or Bimmer he was comparing to) or the msrp, I do not lease my cars so I haven't compare with other brands.
But now that you mention, I know after 36 months the residual value of a car is a little over 50%, if we take 36 payments times 2200 per month that is 79,200 dollars, I do not know the down payment or the interest rate but assuming the rates are low right now and a downpayment of zero (exaggerating), paying almost 80k in 3 years for a car that is 115k brand new is too steep, what is going on here? Why the BMW lease options are better than Audi's (according to my friend) if math is math.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats going on is that BMW inflates the residual values of their cars and makes more money off the lease/interest and then takes the car back and sells it at a "loss" - getting a tax break. Good business model for the consumer I guess.

BMW is way cheaper, but after have 3 M model BMWs the brand is sort of dead to me...they've lost their way. Wouldn't go back anytime soon.

The $2200 was with zero down...just fees upfront basically. I don't ever put money down when leasing. I just like to pay taxes and fees upfront so I am not paying interest on them.

Buying doesn't make sense for me because I like having a new car every 2 or 3 years.

If the MB lease is like $400 less a month though, I can't justify going with the RS7 to my wife
Old 07-26-2013, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ManhattanSpin
Whats going on is that BMW inflates the residual values of their cars and makes more money off the lease/interest and then takes the car back and sells it at a "loss" - getting a tax break. Good business model for the consumer I guess.

BMW is way cheaper, but after have 3 M model BMWs the brand is sort of dead to me...they've lost their way. Wouldn't go back anytime soon.

The $2200 was with zero down...just fees upfront basically. I don't ever put money down when leasing. I just like to pay taxes and fees upfront so I am not paying interest on them.

Buying doesn't make sense for me because I like having a new car every 2 or 3 years.

If the MB lease is like $400 less a month though, I can't justify going with the RS7 to my wife
I"m concerned about the RS7's ability to compete with the new E63 in that price environment

With the RS7 not getting a DSG, i think the real world 0-60 of the RS7 will suffer (Audi claiming 3.7)

With the E63 finally going AWD, (Merc claiming 3.6 0-60), it's going to be a ROCKET, and $400/ mo cheaper?

Not that Audi will have problems selling their RS7s i guess..... apparently they're not making that many.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

question....anyone have a pic of the 21" 5-spoke-blade-design wheels in titanium finish? I'm wondering if part of each blade is titanium finished as in the pics or if the US version will totally finished in titanium...wondering...
Old 07-28-2013, 04:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chirf4
question....anyone have a pic of the 21" 5-spoke-blade-design wheels in titanium finish? I'm wondering if part of each blade is titanium finished as in the pics or if the US version will totally finished in titanium...wondering...
Are you refering to the 5-Spoke "RS Rotors"?
If so I have them on my UK Black Edition.
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2013, 04:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

not sure. I've seen those rims on the RS5s around Heidelberg/Frankfurt. I've got an order set up for an RS7. The 21" rims options given were:

21" 5-spoke-blade-design wheels
21" 5-spoke-blade-design wheels titanium finish
21" 5-spoke-blade-design wheels black finish

I checked the titanium finish box.

I'm wondering if they will come like the attached pic/URL below....partially finished in silver/aluminum and partially titanium...pic is silver/aluminum and black...

From what I read in the German RS7 booklet from Neckarsulm, they'll be two-toned like in the attached pic...but that is German spec...

just wondering....

http://www.crankandpiston.com/on-the...rsulm-germany/
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2013, 04:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

nice ride, BTW, Pseudonymz!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for that link, best shots of the exact options/color I would order the RS7 in.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm wondering if the wheel in the photo above isn't the black one? I would have thought the titanium wouldn't be that dark.

Check out the wheel below (from an excellent review of the RS7 in Jalopnik: http://jalopnik.com/2014-audi-rs7-th...iew-939983953#). It's the wheel on the Matte Gray car in the section 'Braking'. Do you think this might be the titanium wheel? Or just the regular finish?

Also, the blue car in the first photo shows the standard 20" seven-spoke rim. The Nardo Gray car seems to have the black finish wheel to match the Carbon-Optic package. In fact, it might be the same reviewer car as the one above...

muski
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by muski
I'm wondering if the wheel in the photo above isn't the black one? I would have thought the titanium wouldn't be that dark.

Check out the wheel below (from an excellent review of the RS7 in Jalopnik: http://jalopnik.com/2014-audi-rs7-th...iew-939983953#). It's the wheel on the Matte Gray car in the section 'Braking'. Do you think this might be the titanium wheel? Or just the regular finish?

Also, the blue car in the first photo shows the standard 20" seven-spoke rim. The Nardo Gray car seems to have the black finish wheel to match the Carbon-Optic package. In fact, it might be the same reviewer car as the one above...

muski
that's prolly exactly what it looks like. nice find! I wasnt really paying attention to the rims when I watched the video the other day...I was so excited to see the car...didnt see the rims.

Order went in last Monday.

Cannot wait for delivery!!

Quick Reply: Ordering RS7