A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Passenger AirBag...On, Off, On, Off. Nav Freeze and Ipod Touch Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger AirBag...On, Off, On, Off. Nav Freeze and Ipod Touch Issues

Gremlins has infiltrated by passenger seat. Whenever my wife is riding as a passenger, the airbag light will light up and a tone will sound. A bit later another tone and it says the airbag is on. This happened around a dozen times on a 15 minute trip....very annoying. Anyone else have this issue? I assume either the seat sensor or possibly the seatbelt sensor may be bad. This happened about a 2 weeks after my google earth froze and I had to do a reset. And just lately my ipod touch (always have it as a source) will start up when I start the car, but it play music through the ipods speakers. I have to disconnect and reconnect the cable and then it plays fine through the cars audio speakers. Sometimes I hate electronics.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes to the airbag. Just got her back from the dealer and according to the write up, the "SOP PODS System Seat Occupied Recognition Sensor" had failed (error codes B12251A and B121400). They had to remove the seat, seat trim, and cushion to get to the sensor. Fortunately it was replaced under warranty. I have not had a chance to verify that it cured the problem, but they supposedly test drove it with someone in the seat and the light did not come on.

Peter
Old 08-13-2012, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. We just sent for a drive and I was in the passenger seat and no issues. As soon as we exchanged seating positions and my wife was in the passenger seat, it acted up. How long did it take to get the sensor repaired.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The car was done by 1:30 so figure a day at the most if the dealer has the parts. For me, I took the car in on Friday and had to leave it over the weekend as the parts were being shipped from L.A. (I am in northern California).

Peter
Old 08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. Bringing her in tomorrow. Going to have the Google Earth Nav freeze and Ipod issues looked at as well. Hopefully she will be back by the weekend.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've had the passenger airbag issue as well. Happened a few times then went away. Keeping an eye on it.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default airbag

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
I've had the passenger airbag issue as well. Happened a few times then went away. Keeping an eye on it.
Exactly the situation with my 2012 A8. Seems Audi is overdoing the bit about protecting small passengers. (For once, my wife is not happy to see how "light" she is.)
Old 08-15-2012, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had this happen too on a recent trip. On, off 4 or 5 times & didn't happen again.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Of course they can not duplicate the problem. Asked me if it was raining out when this happened. As far as my nav freeze, they confirmed via the fault codes, but refuse to do anything unless they can duplicate the problems. Same for the ipod touch issues. Very frustrating. Next time these issues happen, they want me to stop everything and bring the car in. Being only 15 miles away and having to stop everything I am doing so a technician can verify issues seems unreasonable. What good are fault codes?
Old 08-17-2012, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, got the call that they were able to duplicate the problem. Need to replace a plate in the seat....remove the leather covering to get at it. Won't be ready until next Wednesday. 2 months in and not real happy, but hopefully this will take care of the issue. If my Nav freezes again, it will generate a fault code and they will be replacing the entire MMI head unit as I have been having issues with my Ipod working as well.

Quick Reply: Passenger AirBag...On, Off, On, Off. Nav Freeze and Ipod Touch Issues