A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Post pics of your A7

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Quartz Gray A7 on factory order too, which can still be modified. Can you share what tinting options you had, and how much? I had assumed that A7 tinting is the factory 'privacy glass' but it looks like yours was done after the fact?

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Wow..that has me wishing I'd maybe reconsidered and gotten black...its stunning! Here's mine with smoke tint 35% done after 1st pic which was at the dealer.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by cassiusonline
I have a Quartz Gray A7 on factory order too, which can still be modified. Can you share what tinting options you had, and how much? I had assumed that A7 tinting is the factory 'privacy glass' but it looks like yours was done after the fact?
Factory tinting is as you see in the 1st pic. It is very light often >50% maybe and not much tint wise. My options with Quartz Gray Metallic depended on the interior of the car. Mine is black so it affects how much light transmission you see thru the glass. Dark interior and tints can thus make your tint appear darker under some light conditions.

I chose 35% smoke on the car as any more tint (<35%) then gets to be pretty dark on a light car and in my experience affects vision at night. I don't like driving in a black bag/fog which is what darker tints seem to do when I've driven cars with them. They just affect my night vision too much. But if you have a black/darker car they can look nice. Just remember that 20% and less is usually limo tint. See this to give you an idea of shades.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CDMQ9QEwAw

I did look at 50% but which adds a little bit to the factory tint but not enough to me. My tint at 35% is NOT too dark for night and low visibility but enough that you can't just easily see clearly inside during the day from outside the car. You can see inside and people but they're shaded and darkened if you can envision what I mean (i.e. privacy glass) like on the rear of factory SUV's (like MB and Porsche often does).
Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

This may help to figure out what different shades look like and how they affect interior light transmission.
Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
Here is mine.
OMGGG. Second pic is absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiR8A7
OMGGG. Second pic is absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Dakota Gray

Finally got her on Wednesday. Loving every minute.
Attached Images     
Old 07-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the detailed reply - how much did the factory tinting cost? My Quartz Gray is Nougat interior so I am guessing <50% should do the trick.

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Factory tinting is as you see in the 1st pic. It is very light often >50% maybe and not much tint wise. My options with Quartz Gray Metallic depended on the interior of the car. Mine is black so it affects how much light transmission you see thru the glass. Dark interior and tints can thus make your tint appear darker under some light conditions.

I chose 35% smoke on the car as any more tint (<35%) then gets to be pretty dark on a light car and in my experience affects vision at night. I don't like driving in a black bag/fog which is what darker tints seem to do when I've driven cars with them. They just affect my night vision too much. But if you have a black/darker car they can look nice. Just remember that 20% and less is usually limo tint. See this to give you an idea of shades.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CDMQ9QEwAw

I did look at 50% but which adds a little bit to the factory tint but not enough to me. My tint at 35% is NOT too dark for night and low visibility but enough that you can't just easily see clearly inside during the day from outside the car. You can see inside and people but they're shaded and darkened if you can envision what I mean (i.e. privacy glass) like on the rear of factory SUV's (like MB and Porsche often does).
Old 07-25-2011, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cassiusonline
Thanks for the detailed reply - how much did the factory tinting cost? My Quartz Gray is Nougat interior so I am guessing <50% should do the trick.
My dealer wanted $395 for factory tinting $450 for ceramic tint. I went to another shop that my Porsche dealer referred me to and they did it for like $225! Great job and a lifetime warranty too. Also threw in a bottle of Optimum Rinse to use washing my cars too...great stuff! Good luck!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Stunning car, congratulations! Am getting my Dakota Grey in a few days. Is it more grey than brown or vice versa? How you finding the road noise?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

This is H&R's A7. Hopefully the suspension will be available in the US too.

slammed.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your A7