trim in black in slick.
how'd they do it? repaint or replace?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vicecity
trim in black in slick.
how'd they do it? repaint or replace?

Taking them completely off painting and then putting them back on the car, they are masking and painting the rear bell Trim because once you take it off, it breaks

Last edited by Stevial; 08-11-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom68
Just over 2000 miles in mine over the past month since I took delivery. Still really pleased with my decision to go for the A7, and due to their rarity on the UK roads at the moment, it gets a lot of attention from people wondering what the hell it is ! I am having it fully detailed next week with the Glare paint sealant, so should look even more stunning than the pics below. Just need to find a good location now for some decent photos
Not sure why my pics didn't display on this earlier post but here is my favourite picture,(taken from my other detailing thread), of my new A7. I need to get some more location shots somewhere !

Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My Glacier White A7, Fully Loaded including Head Up Display.

I actually Love it.
Attached Images     
Old 09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my favorite angles for this car.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Phantom68 - Darn you for posting these photos again. Just went a little crazy on Griots Garage.com buying 100% carnauba wax, polish, applicators and microfiber cloths. Must get my Phantom Black A7 to look this good also
Old 09-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Phantom

lovely pics and alloys. I went for the same alloys, whats the road noise like, since mine is still under prod?
Also you mention in your post about the glare sealant. any good? my dealer is selling me supaguard@400gbp, not sure if its worth it? would be great if anyone has had it done?

cheers A
Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by miglania
Hi Phantom

lovely pics and alloys. I went for the same alloys, whats the road noise like, since mine is still under prod?
Also you mention in your post about the glare sealant. any good? my dealer is selling me supaguard@400gbp, not sure if its worth it? would be great if anyone has had it done?

cheers A
Suparguard NOT worth it even for free (sorry). Spend your £400 to get a professional detailer to apply a product like Glare. Are you in UK? Phantom and I can give you details. Really try and get that £400 back if you can. It will be applied very quickly by someone untrained. Glare will be machine polished on in 16 man hours for same cost and more importantly it works!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hashluck
Suparguard NOT worth it even for free (sorry). Spend your £400 to get a professional detailer to apply a product like Glare. Are you in UK? Phantom and I can give you details. Really try and get that £400 back if you can. It will be applied very quickly by someone untrained. Glare will be machine polished on in 16 man hours for same cost and more importantly it works!
thanks mate. yes in uk in london. i have not paid for it yet. the glare product i checked on their website is retailing at £12. Is this the same product you mention or is it something else?

cheers A
Old 09-07-2011, 12:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by miglania
thanks mate. yes in uk in london. i have not paid for it yet. the glare product i checked on their website is retailing at £12. Is this the same product you mention or is it something else?

cheers A
Hi, yes this is the same product. For the price it is superb, so long as you keep to a regime of cleaning the car properly once the Glare product has been applied. Both Hashluck and I used the same detailer and I have to say that they did a fantastic job. I will never entrust Audi to wash my car again following a service, I just get fed up with the swirls that appear on the paintwork!

Audi charge you £400 for Supaguard and they spend a tenth of the time that the detailer spent doing my car. I am now using the Karcher to get rid of loose dirt, before using a lambswool mitt and drying towels etc and so far the car is still as the detailers left it one month ago.

You can buy the Glare product yourself and apply by hand but it will, like any polish, require a bit of effort to look after it, hence why they machine polished it on.

If you are spending this sort of money on a car it is worth trying to look after the paintwork if you can, if you would like the contact details of the detailers that I used just drop me a PM.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your A7