A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Premium plus sound system

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium plus sound system

Does the car have a subwoofer? It has a sound control adjustment bit it doesn't seem to make a difference. I can't find anything online or in the specks that talk about this.

The owners manual doesn't even show the subwoofer control?
Old 07-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i just assumed since subwoofer was an adjustment option...
it was included.
but never checked.
duped?
hope not...
like the car,
would like the vent seats...
but otherwise, prem plus trim is pretty solid
Old 08-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FrankyFresh
Does the car have a subwoofer? It has a sound control adjustment bit it doesn't seem to make a difference. I can't find anything online or in the specks that talk about this.

The owners manual doesn't even show the subwoofer control?
the sub is in the trunk next to the spar tire on the right hand side
Old 08-02-2011, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

In the UK the A7 standard system does have a subwoofer control but the Bose system doesn't, so it sounds to me like you are talking about the Bose. If so then I also found it's bass it be unpronounced and light.

Here's the Bose speaker diagram for the A7

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/Audi_A7_EN_tcm6-41024.pdf
Old 08-02-2011, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gear Junky
In the UK the A7 standard system does have a subwoofer control but the Bose system doesn't, so it sounds to me like you are talking about the Bose. If so then I also found it's bass it be unpronounced and light.

Here's the Bose speaker diagram for the A7

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/A...tcm6-41024.pdf

According to the diagram, there is a woofer in the trunk area right? It's right next to the spare tire. I have posted pictures of that woofer and the Bose electronics (#9 on the diagram) previously.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just realized how poorly written my first post was...so much for typing on an iPhone.

The sound settings on my car does have a subwoofer adjustment and it does not have the Bose system. The premium plus only adds HD radio.

I had my car at the service department...and they shared the speakers are the same as the Bose system that is standard on the prestige but it does not have the same amps nor does the car have a subwoofer. I find it interesting that there is a control setting for the subwoofer but one isn't included. I'm calling Audi tomorrow to confirm. I'll also check the location you've shared where the Bose sub is just in case.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FrankyFresh
I just realized how poorly written my first post was...so much for typing on an iPhone.

The sound settings on my car does have a subwoofer adjustment and it does not have the Bose system. The premium plus only adds HD radio.

I had my car at the service department...and they shared the speakers are the same as the Bose system that is standard on the prestige but it does not have the same amps nor does the car have a subwoofer. I find it interesting that there is a control setting for the subwoofer but one isn't included. I'm calling Audi tomorrow to confirm. I'll also check the location you've shared where the Bose sub is just in case.
im prem plus too. what a crock. bigger joke on us or prestige???
not sure.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Unless you have a Prestige or B&O, you dont have a subwoofer.

Premium does not have one. Plus just adds HD radio. Prestige includes the Bose system w/ sub (in trunk as mentioned).
Old 08-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've just logged a complaint with Audi's Flagship team with following question: Why does the Bose (in Prestige) not have a subwoofer control, yet the Premium Plus does? It's very misleading when purchasing the vehicle.

I'm curious if other Premium Plus owners had the same impression that a subwoofer was included?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your complaint is with Bose, as it's them who decided in the interest of musical quality the system with have a subwoofer but can't be adjusted by the end user. It's one of the reasons why I didnt get the Bose.

Quick Reply: Premium plus sound system