A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Premium plus sound system

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankyFresh
I've just logged a complaint with Audi's Flagship team with following question: Why does the Bose (in Prestige) not have a subwoofer control, yet the Premium Plus does? It's very misleading when purchasing the vehicle.

I'm curious if other Premium Plus owners had the same impression that a subwoofer was included?
agreed, i have prem plus was shown the subwoofer control as an audio setting...it implies a subwoofer. i consider this practice a bit misleading and disappointing...what else should i check to make sure is on my car? do i deploy airbags to make sure they were included, too?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is another question...

I've been told there are 10 speakers in the premium plus...so if someone could validate this for me, I'd appreciate it. I only count 9 as follows:

1. 3 in the front dash
2. 2 (1) in each of the front doors
3. 4 (2) in each of the rear doors

Total = 9?

Doesn't it make sense that the 10th would be the subwoofer or am I counting wrong.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is another question...

I've been told there are 10 speakers in the premium plus...so if someone could validate this for me, I'd appreciate it. I only count 9 as follows:

1. 3 in the front dash
2. 2 (1) in each of the front doors
3. 4 (2) in each of the rear doors

Total = 9?

Doesn't it make sense that the 10th would be the subwoofer or am I counting wrong.
I am 100% certain that the standard system (non Bose) has a subwoofer as one of it's ten speakers, it's stated in the A7 brochure.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default No audible bass

I just drove my wifes car, and paid attention to the music for the first time...That car has a billion gadgets to play with.

It's a prestige with innovation and 20 inch sport. It has pretty much no bass. It's kind of pathetic. If there is a sub in the back, it cannot possibly be hooked up to anything.

I'll look closer this weekend.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I've just logged a complaint with Audi's Flagship team with following question: Why does the Bose (in Prestige) not have a subwoofer control, yet the Premium Plus does? It's very misleading when purchasing the vehicle.

I'm curious if other Premium Plus owners had the same impression that a subwoofer was included?

When you said you couldn't control the woofer, were you referring to the bass?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gear Junky
I am 100% certain that the standard system (non Bose) has a subwoofer as one of it's ten speakers, it's stated in the A7 brochure.
By any chance do you have a link to the brochure? I downloaded the same one they had at the dealership and I didn't see anything. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
When you said you couldn't control the woofer, were you referring to the bass?
No, there is a separate adjustment for bass and subwoofer.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by b45H1r
I just drove my wifes car, and paid attention to the music for the first time...That car has a billion gadgets to play with.

It's a prestige with innovation and 20 inch sport. It has pretty much no bass. It's kind of pathetic. If there is a sub in the back, it cannot possibly be hooked up to anything.

I'll look closer this weekend.
If you have the prestige it should be to the right of your spare tire.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No, there is a separate adjustment for bass and subwoofer.
My bass is at 75% and my sub is at 25%. Most of the bass is now coming out of the doors.

The sub in the premium plus is CRAP. It is the muddiest bass I have ever heard in my life. The bass coming out of the doors, on the other hand, is very tight/crisp.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a prestige and I have a woofer next to the spare. In my MMI menu there is no separate adjustment for the woofer. When I turn the "bass" all the way up, while playing music with bass, I can hear my woofer pounding in the back.

So it appears that for those that have the Premium plus without the woofer in the trunk, while you are able to see "subwoofer" in MMI, Audi needs to update the MMI version to change accordingly.

Quick Reply: Premium plus sound system