A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Premium plus sound system

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by poccsx
My bass is at 75% and my sub is at 25%. Most of the bass is now coming out of the doors.

The sub in the premium plus is CRAP. It is the muddiest bass I have ever heard in my life. The bass coming out of the doors, on the other hand, is very tight/crisp.
Where can I find the sub on the premium plus? It's not to the right of the spare.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FrankyFresh
By any chance do you have a link to the brochure? I downloaded the same one they had at the dealership and I didn't see anything. Thanks!
http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...-sportback.pdf

Audi A7 brochure from Audi UK website.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just picked up my new A6 (Canadian Premium Plus) and paid an extra $1K to get the Bose upgrade. I agree with everyone that it's dumb to have a subwoofer adjustment for the base audio system that doesn't have a subwoofer, yet don't have that control for the upgraded audio system that does have the sub. I found there is a lack of bass which causes me to crank up the bass control. I had to physically check the sub next to the spare to make sure it's there. I should have saved the money and got adaptive cruise instead. BTW, the A7 is a beautiful looking car and the posted pictures on this forum looks great. Unfortunately, I couldn't justify the price difference so had to settle for the A6. You guys are lucky!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

btw, this is the "joy" of buying a first edition car.
still a very nice car, and even with prem plus the sound isnt too bad
not going to add a sub back to this one...
Old 08-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi service department had told me there was no sub in the premium plus. I spent some time experimenting with the sound and there does appear to be one to the right of the spare tire. I didn't undo the casing, but could feel the bass.

I think it is just weak. As you turn up the car volume, the sub doesn't seem to increase it's output. So at low volumes the sub is very present but is barely noticable as the volume increases.

Anyone else have this experience?
Old 08-07-2011, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So for those of you with the Bose how would you rate the system? The reason I ask is that I ordered my A7 without B&O because I thought it would be overkill and the Bose good enough. I'm coming from a Caddy CTS with Bose and it was great to me.

I'm wondering if I need to sacrifice the extra $6k for B&O.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FrankyFresh
Audi service department had told me there was no sub in the premium plus. I spent some time experimenting with the sound and there does appear to be one to the right of the spare tire. I didn't undo the casing, but could feel the bass.

I think it is just weak. As you turn up the car volume, the sub doesn't seem to increase it's output. So at low volumes the sub is very present but is barely noticable as the volume increases.

Anyone else have this experience?
Yup, that's the good ol premium plus subwoofer, ain't it awesome? CLEARLY an after-thought when they designed the sound system. There's a blue/brown cable leading into that I would imagine you can unplug to cut off the sub. I would test it on my A7 but I have enough problems as it is.