A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Problems with wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with wiper blades

Am I the only one having problems with my passenger side wiper blade? It is not cleaning the windshield as it should. It appears not to be touching part of the glass or not doing it with enough pressure. Is is leaving an area in the glass that is not been cleaned up by the blades. Also it takes A LOt of windshield wiper fluid to clean the windshield overall.... Just wondering?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mynewa7
Am I the only one having problems with my passenger side wiper blade? It is not cleaning the windshield as it should. It appears not to be touching part of the glass or not doing it with enough pressure. Is is leaving an area in the glass that is not been cleaned up by the blades. Also it takes A LOt of windshield wiper fluid to clean the windshield overall.... Just wondering?
I've only had my A7 a week so haven't had the need to use the blades yet, although Voyageur posted a couple of days ago the same issue here.

May want to check in with him. I'll check mine out in a day or two to see if I can replicate your issue.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was just about to make a call to the dealer for the same issue - driver side wipes clean, passenger side misses the whole upper half of the wiper blade swept area. And these are not off the shelf replacements from what I see.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've had a similar problem on my A8 driver's side. With a light rain or mist, it's as if there is a depressed area in the windsield that the wiper blade misses. The blade was replaced and seemed to help for a short time. I'm wondering if it's the wiper arm is not sprung strongly enough to hold the blade firmly on the windshield. It appears that the area missed corresponds to the blade's center section.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Had a problem with a new A6 stuttering across the glass from day one with one blade. The dealer replaced both and its great now.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I am having the same issue, the upper half of the passenger side does not clean. It became very obvious today as we had salt on the road after a snowfall.
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That is exactly my problem. I will write Audi directly here in Canada.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I have contacted my dealer. The answer I got was "We haven’t had any complaints for wipers on A7’s. As long as you have less than 8000 kms or the vehicle is less than 6 months old I can warranty your wiper blade. Beyond that it is a wear and tear item."

As I am 4 days within the 6 month, I am going to get a replacement blade but I am sure going to keep a close eye on this issue.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi Canada says warranty one year or 20 K kms. I will wait for next dealer visit.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

If the ease of use of this website is any indication of the wiper design quality no wonder we are all having problems.
I have taken my 2007 A4 to the dealer many times for wiper scuffing.
They kept on changing blades under warranty and now it has expired they tell me to change the blades every 6 mths, I do that and it is still a problem within weeks.
I gave up with audi in the end and go to a cheap garage but I am sure there is a design problem, I cannot ever remember having a car that needed to change the wipers so often.
I will try a Mercedes next time and get a wiper test drive! Phil

Quick Reply: Problems with wiper blades