A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

REALLY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALLY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!

Ok guys...I must really love my car because I am seriously concerned as to what to do with my car for this hurricane.

Right now I am in PA, at my parents house for the weekend. They live in a townhouse so everyone has two spots each for their cars and so we have about 35 cars on my block. No big trees surrounding. My house is about 20 feet from where my car is parked.

I could 1. leave it there 2. park it in my best friends drive way who lives in a single home with no tree's around. The drive way is uphill a little bit. 3. drive to Philadelphia where my apartment is and park it in the garage below my apartment. I could ask the attendant to park the car in the basement part of the garage. 4. drive it to a local mall (25 minutes way) and park it in a garage there.

WTF do I do?!!?!?!?!?!?! I'm seriously very very worried about this car...please please advise! I know I should be worried about more important things right now, like my safety.....but......my priorities are currently skewed.

For the North Jersey people that don't have garages, what are you doing?

I would have listed taking the car back to north jersey as an option but it'll be just as bad there and we only have 1 parking spot in the garage there...and the R8 takes priority.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

Here's my take:
If you feel that your parents' home is a well structured townhouse, that they are safe from the storm, and they feel that they'll be fine without you staying with them---then it sounds that the most secure measure concerning protecting your new A7 would be to park it in your Philly apartment's garage. That sounds like the safest harbor for your car--- although I don't like the sound of parking it at basement level, due to potential flooding concerns.

Having said this, the real question is where do you feel YOU need to be: alone in your apartment in Philly, with your folks (I'm assuming they're home and that's why you're there now), or back in NJ riding the hurricane out with your hubby. Of course he could always drive to Philly and keep both the R8 and himself safe with you---since whatever's going to happen with the house in NJ is going to happen with someone there, or not. My wife and I made this decision by keeping ourselves ( and the A8 ) secure in our Manhattan apartment, rather than ride out the event in our Hamptons home.

No matter what you decide, just keep yourself safe, please.

Last edited by derfA8L; 08-26-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I vote for the parking deck at the mall - provided they allow overnight parking. And find a spot closest to the center. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Here's my take:
If you feel that your parents' home is a well structured townhouse, that they are safe from the storm, and they feel that they'll be fine without you staying with them---then it sounds that the most secure measure concerning protecting your new A7 would be to park it in your Philly apartment's garage. That sounds like the safest harbor for your car--- although I don't like the sound of parking it at basement level, due to potential flooding concerns.

Having said this, the real question is where do you feel YOU need to be: alone in your apartment in Philly, with your folks (I'm assuming they're home and that's why you're there now), or back in NJ riding the hurricane out with your hubby. Of course he could always drive to Philly and keep both the R8 and himself safe with you---since whatever's going to happen with the house in NJ is going to happen with someone there, or not. My wife and I made this decision by keeping ourselves ( and the A8 ) secure in our Manhattan apartment, rather than ride out the event in our Hamptons home.

No matter what you decide, just keep yourself safe, please.
Thank you so much for this, it is exactly what I need to hear. I'll have to think about what I think is best...thanks again.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AudiR8A7
Thank you so much for this, it is exactly what I need to hear. I'll have to think about what I think is best...thanks again.
No problem. Kinda sounded like you needed an objective overview of options, beyond just the car. You sound pretty level-headed from your posts on this forum (other than the hyper-anxiety over the A7 purchase decision ;^) ...trust me, I was worse than you were, and over a far lengthier time span).

In the end, I'm sure where's it's ultimately most important, you'll do what's best.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Go west, young man
Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by The G Man
Go west, young man
I should have thought of that---pack up the wife and cats in the D4 and go for an extended West-ward road trip. No wait, with what's been going on this week, we'd probably be heading into earthquakes!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
No problem. Kinda sounded like you needed an objective overview of options, beyond just the car. You sound pretty level-headed from your posts on this forum (other than the hyper-anxiety over the A7 purchase decision ;^) ...trust me, I was worse than you were, and over a far lengthier time span).

In the end, I'm sure where's it's ultimately most important, you'll do what's best.

I did! Thank you, again.

I decided to go park the car at parking garage at a mall by me...it's not completely open between each left so I feel a lot more confident having my car there than outside of my house.

Now the question is, do I travel to north jersey to where SO is or do I stay put in Philadelphia?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
Go west, young man

I'm a female
Old 08-26-2011, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AudiR8A7
I did! Thank you, again.

I decided to go park the car at parking garage at a mall by me...it's not completely open between each left so I feel a lot more confident having my car there than outside of my house.

Now the question is, do I travel to north jersey to where SO is or do I stay put in Philadelphia?
Who do you want to be closest to, and who needs you the most?: Your car, or S/O? Tough one, perhaps.

Quick Reply: REALLY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!